NickDrouin
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 12, 2019

Re: Roundup: Threads on Noise Cancelling NC 700 Headphones and PC Telephony and Call issues

It has been three weeks since I opened this thread.  Any news?

FelixB
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

Re: Roundup: Threads on Noise Cancelling NC 700 Headphones and PC Telephony and Call issues

Hi,

similiar issue here on a Mac. People can't hear me talking. nothing muted and settings are all to the 700, but people can't hear me.

I can also hear some white noise when using the headphones with the Mac. Haven't foudn out yet why that is the case.

Would be good to get an answer for remote workers who use the headphones for working as well. 

Thanks

Felix

avbski
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

Echoing @NickDrouin 's request for an update.

Squeaky wheel gets the oil and all that.

I already returned my headphones until (or if?) this get's resolved

NickDrouin
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 12, 2019

This thread is unanswered after one month.

None of the linked threads, or new ones since, indicate that Bose acknowledges a product issue, despite overwhelming feedback.

@Vicky_W 

@Hector_B 

@Jeff_G 

@Jessie_O 

@Tegan_M 

@Charlotte_G 

What is Bose doing about Bluetooth connectivity during calls? 

Should we just give up on this product?  

GorFex
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

@Swapnils wrote:

I wont be suprised if these replies are coming from well trained bots..

@Hector_B Are you are bot? Here is a captcha for you.Tell me what is three multiplied by three divided by zero ?

Even if he isn't a bot, he might not be able to solve that one...LOL.  

The answer is:

a1030300637_10 

Hello NickDrouin,

Thanks for messaging the community. We are very sorry that you are experiencing these issues with your Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. 

The questions which you have brought to our attention appear to involve the connectivity of your computer device. Due to the vast amounts of third-party devices, and baring in mind the magnitude of their variables for example operating system, software and hardware components like Bluetooth chips for example. Due to these components this can result in different results for our customers. We are working with the community in order to get resolutions for these issues in which you have highlighted in your original post. However due to the vast technical nature within each of the concerns in which you have highlighted, this would be difficult to troubleshoot within a single thread. We would suggest that for the most efficient support regarding these is that you keep an eye on each dedicated thread for updates regarding resolutions for these concerns. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

DocTaH
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

I was able to get my 700's to successfully work with Skype for Business today. For reference I am running the latest firmware and Bose for Music app, latest version of Windows 10 and SfB. My 700's are connected via bluetooth of course, however when connecting I used the standard name for the headset. No matter how long I wait, I could not find the LE_HeadsetName.

I went into SfB audio device settings and chose the "Headset" version of the 700's for Speaker/Microphone/Ringer. They are working perfectly and folks can hear me with no issues. Now I truly love the headset!

The only issue I have is that when I am connected to both the PC and an iPhone (latest version of iOS) and on a SfB call, my iPhone repeatedly connects and disconnects. I just put the phone in Airplane Mode while on a call. The iPhone is connected to both the LE and Standard bluetooth connections for the headset. Honestly this is not a big deal to me as I would rather not have a bunch of distractions while on a call. That being said, the connects/disconnects does not happen when I am on a call and connected to a Pixel phone and my PC.

NickDrouin
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 12, 2019

@Tegan_M ,

Let me know if you need introductions to the Microsoft Teams support engineers, who can help you start the Certified for Skype for Business / Teams process (you can also download self-cert packages yourselves on the MSFT website).

There's also a very solid chance that I can introduce you to the Microsoft Bluetooth stack engineers in the Windows team.  You can reach out to me via Linked In if you'd prefer.

-Nick

Highlighted
NickDrouin
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 12, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by NickDrouin

It has now been two months, with no updates nor real acknowledgement, in the face of overwhelming feedback that the headsets have connectivity issues with many IP Telephony software packages and bluetooth stacks across several OEMs.  

Today, I ship back my headset and Bose has lost me as a customer for life. 

I will share my experience and actively recommend against this product.

The solution, followers of this thread, is to ask for a refund.

drewboy454
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Officially just submitted to return my headphones I can't believe Bose does not respect their customers that they would allow this many people to complain about the issue and give them no sense that there is a solution or people actively working on a solution to solve this problem.

I bought these headphones specifically to take business calls on my surface laptop 2 using Microsoft Teams and since they drop the audio everytime I try to use them with Teams they don't serve the primary value prop that Bose sold me on.... these are supposed to be super high quality headphones for business professionals....  Who cares about noise cancelling on an airplane when listening to music, yes that is nice, but the real draw was the array of mics that was going to make it easy for me to take phone calls while working with crystal clear sound quality....  

Hate to say it but Bose is going to get left in the dust...  Apple Airpod Pro's at $250 don't have this issue (coworkers have already tested them with Microsoft Teams calls), Surface Headphones work great and are cheaper, and then the 100's of other companies with alternatives...  Sorry Bose you lost another customer for life...