Highlighted
willsenwijaya
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 1, 2019

Scratches and dents on Bose 700 headband

Hi,

I have been using my Bose 700 silver for 3 weeks now. I use it very carefully and put it in its box everytime I finish using it. After 1 week of usage, I started to notice minor scratches and dents on the headband. Was pretty upset about this since I was so sure that I handled it with care. I finally realised that these defects are due to uncontrolled metal-to-metal contacts between the headband and the ear cups. Upon looking at the display product in my local retail shop, I found similar issues as well despite the fact that they put the silver color on display for less than 1 month. Can Bose confirm about this issue? There are quite a lot of similar complaints in online forum about this. In addition, headband discolouration started to show up from silver to gold-ish color

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Scratches and dents on Bose 700 headband

Hi willsenwijaya, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 and this is definitely not something that you should be experiencing.  I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

In regards to the headband discoloration that you have read about other users experiencing, We have become aware of an issue that, in some instances, can impact the color of silver headphones. We are working directly with customers affected by this as our engineering team investigates the reports. As always, we want you and all Bose customers to be fully satisfied. If you experience any discoloration issues related to your silver headphone, we can always exchange your headset for a new one. 

Please do update us on the result of your call to the team. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

willsenwijaya
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 1, 2019

Re: Scratches and dents on Bose 700 headband

Hi Hector,

Thank you very much for the reply. I brought the item back to the retail shop from which I bought it and they have sent it to NZ Bose team for assessment. I will update you as soon as I get anything back from them. Thank you!

Regards,

Willsen