janet444
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 25, 2020

Serious issue with QC 35 II and Bose Connect app

I am having a very serious issue with my Bose QC 35 II headset. I need to include some background that I think might be relevant, so please bear with me.

First the issues: The app will not connect at all with the headset. At first it did, but then it did not. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. It said to turn the headset on and off, so I did, and when it did, the headphones made a steady, unpleasant humming noise that did not stop even after I turned the headset off. It's still going. So now there are two issues, the failure to connect to the app and now the humming, which renders them completely useless.

Now the background:

I had already purchased the QC 35 II headset directly from Bose in November when it was on sale. I liked them a lot, though there were some issues. But then I discovered in February that ANC causes vertigo for me. I was surprised that it took so long to show up, but it did show up.

So I returned the headset. But I've had no luck finding a decent headset and missed them a lot and so I bought a refurbished pair on Amazon. I actually paid more for them then I did for the new ones but I was so relieved to be getting them, even though I knew I couldn't use the ANC, at least not at the highest level.

I've had them for less then two days and I've had so much trouble with them! I still had the Bose Connect app on my phone, but I decided I'd better uninstall it and reinstall it in case it might be "confused" by the new set. It's possible that I did try the app before uninstalling it - that part I do not remember.

At first the app recognized the headphones and worked fine. But then, yesterday, it did not recognize the headphones and all I can get is the "Don't See Your Product?" screen. This is a huge problem, because there's no way to change the ANC level and I need to be able to do this because of the vertigo.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app again. That's when the issue happened with the humming.

This is ridiculous, especially for such an expensive set of headphones. I paid $240 for used headphones that do not work. Is there a fix for this? Because I am very tired of buying and returning sucky headphones. In fact, if anyone can recommend a pair of comfortable over-ear headphones that doesn't beep or buzz or have a loud voice talking at me, please clue me in. It seems that there must be such a pair somewhere on the planet, but they seem to be impossible to find.

1 REPLY 1
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Serious issue with QC 35 II and Bose Connect app

Hi janet444,

Thanks for posting, it's very strange that your headphones have started buzzing and won't connect to the app! It sounds like you have been doing some great troubleshooting already by uninstalling and reinstalling the app, so thank you for doing that and letting us know!

What I would recommend doing next is performing a reset of the headphones themselves by following the steps shown HERE. Then, if the headphones are still not being detected by the app, clear the Bluetooth pairing list as shown HERE.

I hope this helps, let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!