Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 1, 2019

Setting volume for alerts on 700 NC headphones

Good people of Bose, first of all - thank you for a fantastic product for most parts. 

Life is not perfect but we always try to improve, as such I have a couple of easy fixes to make the 700s MUCH better with little effort on your side.

Letting us disabling voice prompts was a much needed start, but why not go a bit further and let users set their own level for all other alerts? Quite simply: the alerts are WAY to LOUD for a noiseless background (especially jarring nighttime!).

If you want to go the full length of customisation you could let users change alert sounds through the app. The idea with the orchestra stab is not bad, but seems to me it is also partly responsible for the aforementioned experience. It is possible to make alerts both minimally invasive and attentive.

I understand you can’t implement every suggestion that is brought up here. But fixing the first issue would get you quite far already. 

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Setting volume for alerts on 700 NC headphones

Hello, 

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

Notifications/Alerts are generally on a different level adjustment on your smartphone, this can be controlled independently. If they are presenting too loudly, I would set the volume so the Media/Music volume is set higher, and then the notification volume is set much lower. 

Notification levels vary from device to device. On iOS, your music volume by default is designated to the volume up/down buttons, whereas notifications/alerts/ringer is a volume slide found in Settings > Sound & Haptics. On Android, when pressing the Volume up/down buttons, you will see either an arrow or a cog icon that takes you to your volume settings, look for notification/alert volume to adjust this independently from your music. 

I hope this helps! Let me know how you get on. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 1, 2019

Thank you for trying to help, obviously I was referring to the hardware alerts (Orchestra stabs) : Power On. Power Off. Connect/Disconnect etc...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2020

Is there a function to turn off the tone that 'ding dongs' when the volume turns all the way down. This tone is louder than the lowest volume setting that I typically use while listening to these headphones so I am blasted with this loud tone throughout the day when I go to low, it is infuriating. I find it impossible to recommend these headphones to anyone without such a basic feature - makes using these headphones every day a pain, not a comfort.