Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2019

Severe feedback in left ear of Bose QC25 noise cancelling earphones

About two weeks ago I started getting sporadic feedback noise in my left ear which has gotten progressively worse to the point my earphones are unusable as it was doing it most of the time while trying to wear them but would stop if I took them off.   Today in trying to diagnose the problem I took the cushion off and then realized I could cause the feedback to start merely by moving my hand over the opening.  I didn't actually have to touch it, just had to have my hand very close and the feedback would start.    I move my hand away and the feedback stops.    

Any suggestions?  I bought them 3 years ago so I'm outside the warranty range.  

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Severe feedback in left ear of Bose QC25 noise cancelling earphones

Hello JamieT,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your QC25's, so I can advise you accurately; could you specify what you mean by feedback noise?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2019

High pitched screeching noise like you get when you place a microphone to close to speaker, aka mic feedback.  

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Okay, so the reason this would be happening is the microphone will be picking up audio from the speakers and playing it through the headphones giving the feedback noise you are experiencing, so I would advise not using speakers and headphones near each other.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2019

They aren't next to speakers.  It happens anytime I wear them no matter where I'm at.  It happens out walking when I'm dozens if not hundreds of yards from the nearest speaker.  It happens at the gym.  In the car.  Etc, etc.     

I wasn't trying to imply it was in fact mic feedback, I was describing the noise as that is exactly what it sounds like. 

Hi JamieT, 

Thanks for your post and thank you for updating us on your situation. I am sorry to hear that this issue isn't yet resolved, however I would love to help. 

Could you please remove and re-attach the ear cushion on the side that you are getting feedback from, you can find an easy how-to video here

Hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2019

Doesn't help and why would it?  As I described the feedback was happening before I took of the cushion.  I only took it off to see if I could do an easy fix like I'd seen in many youtube videos where they moved a piece of debris or pushed a wire back in place.    The feedback thing with my hand is just something I was describing because I thought it was interesting and might help diagnose the problem.  It will still be there when wearing the headphones because its obviously caused by some sort of interference with own bodies electric field / magnetism with the headphone and when wearing the headphones your head is right up nexto them, thus you get feedback.   

Highlighted

Hi JamieT, 

Thanks for getting back to us.

We have occasionally seen this issue when the battery is running low. Have you tired changing the battery? If you have not tried it there is a good instructional article here

Let us know how you get on! 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2019

Changing the battery was the first thing I tried and it did not help. 

Highlighted

Hi JamieT, 

Thanks for updating us on this. I am very sorry to hear that this issue still persists. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B