Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2019

Re: Severe feedback in left ear of Bose QC25 noise cancelling earphones

This is happening to mine as well. I contacted Bose and they are three months out of warrantee and they told me to go screw. Time to try Sony or Beats I guess which is sad because I loved them. Now i just hear screechhhhhh
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

left ear of Bose QC25 noise cancelling earphones not working

I have a set of QC25 headphones that have I used maybe 10 times and only on airplanes.  The left ear stopped working.  My husband bought these for $350 a few years ago.  Our family has also purchased: two pairs of QC35, two pairs of soundsport free wireless headphones, one pair of hearphones, and numerous Bose radios and speakers. Needless to say, we have spent a considerable amount of money on Bose products.

I brought the defective headphones to the Bose store in Wrentham and they contacted the 800 number to find out how to help us.  They were told we would have to contact them directly.   I came home and telephoned immediately and was told I could get a replacement for $135.  To upgrade to the QC35 would be $267 dollars (a discount of 25%).  If I did either, I was required to pay first, then send my defective ones back and wait approximately 10 days for the replacement to arrive.  I find this to be extremely disappointing on so many levels.  On this site I see that this is a common problem with the QC25 headphones so I really do not want another set that may also have the same problem.  I cannot believe that for a product that cost this much (sold to a dedicated customer) that is clearly defective and not even offered anymore- they won't do more for their customers.  We will not be buying any more Bose products, I can assure you.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 14, 2020

Re: left ear of Bose QC25 noise cancelling earphones not working

Had the same issue after replacing the right speaker after the soo common problem with broken speaker of those headphones. Since the guarantee is long gone and Bose is not able to repair these devices I found help on YouTube. But still it was this feedback noise. I found that the rubber sealing around the noise canceling microphone had slipped down and probably was picking up speaker sound internally. After first removing the seal an place it back in the correct possition the feedback was gone. The microphone is to be found in the pcb under the outer cover that is held by two small screws on the inside. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 30, 2020

I bought two pairs of QC3 headphones in 2004 and I have taken perfect care of them. However, one of the phones in one pair recently developed EXACTLY the problem that you're describing here. I don't know how similar the QC3 is to the QC25, but I fixed my problem with no help from CS - except to tell me they'd be happy to upgrade me. That was nice but it didn't answer my question. Technical Support my A**!!  Anyway, I was about to trash them, so with nothing to lose, I figured I'd look and see if there was anything visually obvious that might be the culprit.

I removed the 4 ear muffs from the both sets of phones and starting visually comparing the bad phone to the three good phones. And all were virtually identical.  It took a while, but on the bad phone, I finally noticed an almost imperceptible difference. On the QC3's, there's a silver colored stainless steel half-coil that covers the actual speaker. It's made of very light gauge steel so it's somewhat easy to bend. So if you bump or drop your phones just right (you might not even notice that you did it), that housing can get dented. And such a tiny dent is enough to decrease the clearance between the housing coil and the speaker beneath.

So using no metal tools - just my fingers - I pushed down firmly on the housing (I didn't want to tear it out) as I pulled up on its edge. Visual examination confirmed that I had DEFINITELY increased the clearance. I plugged in the phones to test them nd VOILA!  They worked just fine. 

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

I have been using this from past 2 years, I started hearing it all of a sudden from last month.

I hear it on moving my head. If I adjust it and maintain the position, I don't hear any feedback noise. 

I know this is out of warranty but I would love to fix this and use it for another few years instead of buying another one.