Participant
Registered since

Dec 24, 2019

Should I buy the Bose QC 35 II for the holidays or should I look else where?

So I have been reading the forums for a good amount of time and I hear about the ongoing issue with the ANC in the Bose QC 35 II, I was initially going to buy these but after I reading the forums I'm getting second thoughts.

The other pair I am considering now is the Sony WH-1000MX3 but I'm not too sure if the pros and cons weight out, I'm looking for a second opinion. 

I liked the QC35II because I like/value the look and the smaller overall footprint of these, I also like the extra room inside the earcups, but I do value ANC since I mostly study at coffee shops, so would this be a problem?

I liked the Sony WH-1000MX3 because I hear the ANC is better, and the sound quality is better, and it has a lot more modern features included with the headphones example(USB-c, better app, etc) but the thing is that I don't really like the thicker size of the headphones from the sides aka the look. But I could live with that.

I don't know if this is enough detail to make my choice if I missed anything important let me know. Also, Does the bose ANC issue happen to ALL qc35ii when their updated to the new software or is it only some. because that could also help me decide thanks!!!