Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

Sometimes Playback control doesn't work in NC 700

I bought NC 700 headphones a few weeks ago, and I connect it with iPhone 11 Pro Max(ver 13.3.1). 

a) I sometimes found NC 700's touch gestures for playback controls aren't work. For example, double-tapping or swiping back and forth doesn't register any movement. Interestingly, volume control and battery level guidance is operational.  b) conversation mode is turned on automatically without any button interaction c) after return from conversation mode, the device volume isn't returned as before. 

When I encounter the problem, the problem is remedied temporarily by doing one of the following actions. 

• Turning on and off 
  • Reset the Headphone
  • Disconnect and re-connect the headphone
  • Turn Bluetooth off and on (in iPhone)
  • Re-pair the headphone.
  • Restart the iPhone 

But, It solves the issue only temporarily, and symptoms occur again. I tried these to solve the problem.

• Updated to the latest firmware
  • All the procedures described before.

Do I need to contact the sales representative, or are there any other things I can do before getting help from Bose? 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Sometimes Playback control doesn't work in NC 700

Hi Hansoll, 

Thanks for reaching out, we will happily assist you with your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. 

We appreciate you taking the time to troubleshoot, these were great first steps to perform. 

When you are trying to use the touch controls on your headphones, are you using a cabled connection or a Bluetooth connection? I ask this because once using a cabled connection, the Bluetooth functions of your headphones are disabled. This includes the skip forward/back, pause/play touch functions. The volume adjustments are not affected because they do not use these Bluetooth profiles. 

As for the conversation mode, it can only be enabled via touching the noise control button for one second. Could it be possible that this has been lent on to become enabled?

When you disable the conversation mode, in what way does the audio change, is this an increased volume?

Do let us know, we would love to do what we can to help.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

1. I tried via Bluetooth connection only. 

2. I turned on the conversation mode by holding the noise control button, the music paused, and noise-canceling turned off, then after a few seconds, noise-canceling is kicked back again(music stays paused). 

3. Quit the conversation mode via touch any button makes the conversation mode off and noise-canceling off. But from time to time, the volume is stayed down in zero. I have to manually up the volume to resume listening. This issue occurs independently with problem 2. 

I hope this helps. 

Highlighted

Thank you very much for confirming this information for us!

Can you try connecting your headphones to another device to see if this persists?

If this issue does persist, I would recommend that you reach out to your local support team for further assistance. You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. An agent will happily get this resolved for you here. 

If you do not experience this with alternate devices, it may be down to your phone software. Do let us know if this is the case so we can look into this with you further. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

I'm using Samsung Galaxy Note 8 as a secondary device. I didn't use headphones as many as iPhone with the Samsung, but I think I've never experienced the problem in the Samsung phone. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

I just experienced the playback control issue, and I found that some hints may be helpful. All events have happened only on iPhone

• I was watching YouTube; I am a YouTube Premium subscriber. It supports background playback. I found that the touch control input doesn't register correctly. 
  • I opened the Bose Music app, and the app should display the content of the headphone is now playing, but I found that it is displaying Apple's Music apps content, not YouTube stream.  
  • I forcefully closed the Music app and tried to control via headphone, now the app shows "Headphones Ready -- Start Play something"(In this stage, touch control doesn't work) so I started playback of YouTube video, and the app shows the YouTube stream's name and the touch control is work as normally as would. 

I guess, the headphone or the Bose Music app doesn't correctly recognize which app is currently playing, and it was trying to request control(In this case, the headphones would behave to initiate the playback) the app/stream which isn't in use while I am playing from the other app. But as you normally guess, the phone and the headphones only playback sound from an app a time, so the headphone's request to the phone is ignored by the phone. I've taken the screenshot of the affected scene, but Its size is relatively large, so I can't attach it without resize. If you need it, I will upload it by resizing it or another way.