Sound Distortion on certain notes on QC35

SOLVED
Quiet Contributor

Sound Distortion on certain notes on QC35

Hi, so before I begin I would like to say that I have always loved Bose and I personally own a pair of QC25, love them and I am currently using the QC35 I. However, I have been experiencing an issue regarding sound distortion on certain pitches when I play music on Spotify. This is quite common when I listen to classical music when a lot of notes are combined, the headphone's sound distorts. The funny thing is that this issue only occurs once in a while. I dont know if anyone also has the same issue. Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by Andyworld

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sound Distortion on certain notes on QC35

Hello Andyworld, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are having issues with the sound on your QC35 headphones and would love to try and help you to resolve this issue. To start with I need to check if it is only Spotify you are having issues with or if it is all music streams?

Also please could you try the following steps and let me know how you get on?

1. Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.

2. Perform a product reset, to do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Admin

1 REPLY 1

Re: Sound Distortion on certain notes on QC35

Hello Andyworld, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are having issues with the sound on your QC35 headphones and would love to try and help you to resolve this issue. To start with I need to check if it is only Spotify you are having issues with or if it is all music streams?

Also please could you try the following steps and let me know how you get on?

1. Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.

2. Perform a product reset, to do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Admin