paolucn
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

Sound adjusting not working when using the aux cable

I have the Bose Quiet Comfort 35 ii around the ear headphones.  I have them paired with my iPhone 8 and they work great for wireless music.  The problem I am having is when I go the gym and connect the headphones to a Precor treadmill, with the aux cable,  I am unable to adjust the sound (up or down).  Do I have to bring in my iPhone and adjust the sound through Bluetooth or should I purchase an aux cable with a microphone in it that has sound adjustment buttons?  I don't think I can pair the Precor with my I Phone.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sound adjusting not working when using the aux cable

Author Accepted Answer selected by paolucn

Hey Paolucn, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

That certainly seems strange, if there is a Bluetooth option to connect the headphones please can you try using that when you are next in the gym. 

Should that not work, I would recommend calling your local customer support team and asking to purchase a QC25 audio cable as this has the controls on the wire and we know it is compatible with the QC35 headphones. Please note that when using this cable, the microphone will switch to the one on the cable rather than the one built into the headphones. 

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Paolucn, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are having issues connecting your QC35 II headphones and your Precor treadmill. 

I am not familiar with the Precor treadmill personally, can you please explain how it works and if it has any volume controls built-in?

This will enable me to advise the best way to move forward. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support

paolucn
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

Yes, there is a built in manual control on the Precor treadmill.  When I plug the Bose Headphones into the audio jack I can neither control the volume manually on the treadmill or by using the +/- buttons on the Bose Quiet Comfort ii headphones.  There does not appear to be a way to "pair" the Precor treadmill (at the gym) with the headphones.

Author Accepted Answer selected by paolucn

Hey Paolucn, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

That certainly seems strange, if there is a Bluetooth option to connect the headphones please can you try using that when you are next in the gym. 

Should that not work, I would recommend calling your local customer support team and asking to purchase a QC25 audio cable as this has the controls on the wire and we know it is compatible with the QC35 headphones. Please note that when using this cable, the microphone will switch to the one on the cable rather than the one built into the headphones. 

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W