QuietComfort 35 Series 2

Country

India

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

iOS 10.15.4 , Moto E4 Plus using Android 7.1.1

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

When I connect my headphones to an audio source via the provided aux cord, the volume of audio becomes very low. When the cord is fully inserted into the headphones, almost nothing is heard. (No issue is seen when connected via bluetooth)

Where do you run into the issue?

When connected to an audio source using aux cord.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

My headphones are brand new. Right from the first instance, the cord creates audio issues.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 REPLY 1
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Sound becomes very feeble when connected using aux cord

Hi Jagose,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

When you are plugging the headphones in with the audio cable, do you have the headphones turned on? The headphones do have an active EQ that is in use when they are turned on which will make the audio seem louder. If you use the audio cable without turning them on, this would explain why the audio is quieter!

You'll also find that many phones have separate volume levels saved for Bluetooth and AUX connections. They will change the volume level automatically when a Bluetooth device is connected or an AUX cord is plugged in. It is worth making sure your phones are not turning down automatically when you plug the headphones into them.

I hope this helps, let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!