Participant
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

Sound from only one side of SoundTrue around the ear headphones

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Sound from only one side of SoundTrue around the ear headphones

Hey @DJT,

That's definitely unusual! For how long has this been the case?

Try to make sure the audio connection is clear of debris, so there's nothing causing a blockage. Have you checked the condition of the audio cable? There might be an issue with it.

Also, what I'd usually do is to try and test a different set of headphones, just to make sure it's not an issue with the audio you're listening to. I look forward to hearing back from you - let me know what you find!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

DJT here.  Thank you.  I now find that if I hold the audio cable where it goes into the headphone in a certain way, then I get sound out of both headphones as it should be.  But as soon as I release my hand it goes back to sound out of one speaker only.

Highlighted

Hey @DJT,

Thank you for testing that out further.

What device are you currently using the SoundTrue headphones with?

Furthermore, what's the outcome if you try these headphones with a different device - do you notice any improvement or difference in audio output?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

DJT here.  I am using the headphones with an I-phone.  Now tried it with another device and had the same problem.

Highlighted

Hi @DJT,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with this. 

Moving forward, I'd recommend getting in touch with local support here to discuss your options for service.

Thanks.