Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgibby
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

SoundLink II - terrible microphone quality

I bought two pairs of Bose AE2 SoundLink for my partner and I to use in home office/remote classes.

When I got them, I set one up to test the quality and feasibility of us both being in Zoom meetings at the same time. The call quality on my Macbook Pro is very bad – the audio varies between being fairly clear to being very quiet and muffled, or there being an overpowering buzzing in the background. I've tried using Zoom and making test recordings in Photo Booth. Both apps have produced reasonably clear recordings as well as completely indecipherable audio. 

They seem to work fine when paired with my iPhone SE.

My headphones have the most recent update.

These were marketed as having great call quality with the ability to filter out background noise, which is why I bought them. Help?

5 REPLIES 5
Jessie_O

Re: SoundLink II - terrible microphone quality

Hi pgibby, 

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

Thank you for the troubleshooting you have tried already! This is most helpful!

Have you tried a reset? You can do this by following the instructions outlined HERE

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
pgibby
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Yes, tried resetting. No change/improvement.

Jessie_O

Thanks for giving that a go! 

I would recommend clearing the pairing list by pushing the slider to the Bluetooth indicator for 10 seconds. Once complete, delete the pairing on your MacBook. Then try connecting again,. 

Let me know.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
pgibby
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

That seemed to help! Since the initial problem kept coming and going I will test out again over next few days. Helpful to know the various ways to reset 🙂

Jessie_O

That's great news @pgibby

I encourage you to reach out to us again if the issue re-surfaces.