SoundSport Wireless Firmware Version 2.7.7

SOLVED
Author Accepted Answer selected by NeonsNight
Wistful Whiz

Re: SoundSport Wireless Firmware Version 2.7.7

Interesting.... I have a soundsport with 2.7.7 but I have an iPhone 7+.  So I did an experiment.  I removed it from my bluetooth list ("forgot it").  So I then paired it sucessfully by holding the button down (did not use the app to pair).  And then I used my MP3 player and it played fine in the soundsport.  So that means one of two things for me at least either (1) your recently purchased soundsports are somehow different from mine - my 'manufacture date' is "3/19/17" OR (2) there is an incompatibility with your phone hardware or its operating system.

By the way, my soundsport currently 'suffers' from the same BLE problem as the QC 35 though not as often.  It will also on occasion turn itself on.

Joel

Hi all,

I just wanted to jump in here and remind everyone that if you have an issue with your headphones that cant be resolved from standard troubleshooting, you can always contact your local support team for help. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

So, good news! I was reading in another thread that someone went in manually to the 'advanced' drop-down menu in the update page on their computer. So after disconnecting everything again (just like it would have been out of the box), I forced the 2.7.7 update onto the soundsports again. I then connected it through the bluetooth device list on my Pixel before adding it through the Bose Connect app, and it seems to be working fine now!

The thread in reference can be found here Firmware Update issues, and I'll include the steps below to help anyone else experiencing similar problems. Thanks!

0. Make sure that you have Voice Prompts turned on.

1. Go to btu.bose.com on a PC or Mac computer

2. Plug your headset into the PC or Mac via USB

3. Click on the Soundsport product

4. The update page will load and tell you the software is up to date

5. When on this screen type the following 5 keys sequentially: ‘a’ ‘d’ ‘v’ ‘<up arrow>’ ‘<down arrow>’.   Click the dropdown and select the previous firmware, then click "apply changes".

6. The Firmware will begin to load.  This process may take between 5 and 10 minutes depending on ISP and network conditions.  Do not disconnect the headset until the process is complete.

Quiet Contributor

I cannot connect to any of my devices after upgrading my firmware.. also, after firmware upgrade the name of my Bose headphones changed..
Highlighted

Hi Ready2gorod, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue, however I would love to help. 

Can you please confirm which troubleshooting methods you have attempted from this thread? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Quiet Contributor

Thanks for this post ...
But my problem with my soundsports wireless headphones is that the buttons on and off does not respond ... And the volume up and down button does not either ...
Can you help me with this problem? I clarify that if they connect to my iphone and I listen to music, but I can not control the headphones or answer calls ... The firmware is 2.7.7...
Thank you

Hi Giroberbo, 

Thanks for posting. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue. 

Can you please confirm that you have attempted the troubleshooting that has been suggested in this thread? This will allow me to understand your issue a little further. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Quiet Contributor

I have done all the steps and everything worked very well ... The headphones work well, they synchronize well with the iphone X and with my macbook ... But all the buttons do not work ... I think it's a problem with the same firmware and I do not know how to reinstall the previous version to eliminate problems ...

Thank you

Hello giroberbo,

Thanks for reaching out again, I know you mentioned to Hector that you have tried all the troubleshooting steps, however, I just wanted to confirm that you also tried a product reboot and a manual update?

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Quiet Contributor

Hello Zoe...

I don't know how to manually reboot the product ...