Highlighted
yogim
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

SoundSport® wireless earphones amplify the background noise

Hi Team,

I am using SoundSport wireless earphone  with android device and whenever I am in the call or conference call it picks the background sound even if it is very small sound and amplify it. Every time I have to put in mute when I am in a call so that other person wont get any background noise.

is there any firmware or steps to fix this issue.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks

Yogi

9 REPLIES 9

Re: SoundSport® wireless earphones amplify the background noise

Hello yogim, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem with your SoundSport wireless headphones. 

To begin, I would recommend performing a reset on the headphones. This can be done by following these steps:

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

Secondly, please visit btu.bose.com on your computer to check for/install any latest firmware updates. 

Get back to me once you have done this and let me know if the problem persists.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

yogim
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for very much for the quick response.

The steps you provide to reset the Device, I tried so many time but I m not sure whether I am able to reset it or not because I never get any notification or message from bose assistant.

other steps to install the firmware updates, it did install firmware update(V 2.7.7) with the help of software but nothing changed.

Regards,

Yogi

Hello Yogi, 

Thanks for getting back to us. I am sorry to hear that the steps provided did not work. 

Can I please ask you to connect the headphones to another device and let me know if you still have issues? 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

mravikrindi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

I too face this issue since i bought the earphones a month back. I thought it was issue with my specific device and I get it replaced hoping that it would fix the issue. But the new device also had the same problem and it is really annoying as i am not able to use the earphones for any calls. The caller starts to complain on background noise as soon as i unmute the call eventhough i am in a very low noisy surrounding.

I tried with differend android devices too and it is the same. My headphones has a firmware version of 2.7.7

Really looking forward for a solution to this.

Hi mravikrindi, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you have had this issue and would love to assist you further. 

Can you please confirm if you have attempted the steps that are stated above, as well as testing the headphones on a non-Andriod device? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

yogim
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

Hi Vicky_W,

I have tried with different Mobile(one plus 5 & 7, moto etc.)  but the result is the same.

Please advise me about the next step.

Thanks,

Yogendra Mishra

Hi Yogim, 

Thanks for updating me on this. If the issue still persists after these steps then, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am sorry that the steps that we provided above did not resolve this issue for you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

beerfologist
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

Hello,

I also have the Bose SoundSport and I am quite unsatisfied with how external noises are picked up and transmitted during phone calls.

In recent calls I have had quite a few people tell me that they were being transmitted heavy background noise when I was just moving paper sheets around or walking in a completely quiet room.

The latest firmware v3.0.4 seems to have improved the situation slightly but this is far from ideal.

I have tried the troubleshooting steps detailed in this thread (performing a "reset") but to no avail.

Can you help?

Hi Beerfologist, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue also and would love to assist you further. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you have attempted so far and I am sorry that this did not resolve your issue. 

Can you please also test the headphones with another device as well as with a different calling service such as Whatsapp or Skype. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B