Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2020

Soundlink II Around ear wireless

I Just received my Bose Soundlink II headset this morning.

I've connected to computer via bluetooth and sound works great.  

I then connect to my discord voice chat and all other sounds except voice channel are gone.

Is this product just not compatible with gaming? What can I do to fix this?  The whole purpose of buying this headset was the cord free idea.  I have a fully functional gaming headset already but want the wireless.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Soundlink II Around ear wireless

Author Accepted Answer selected by SlimHeavens

Hi SlimHeavens,

Thanks for clarifying that for us. What you are describing is not something your headphones have the ability to do by themselves. 

Are you using your headphones with a Windows computer or a Mac? 

What it sounds like is happening is, on windows, there is a setting for what the PC will do when it detects you are using voice communications. You can see the options in the picture below and by default it does reduce or mute the volume of all other sounds on the computer.

windows-sound-communications-volume.jpg

You will want to change this setting so the computer is set to Do Nothing when it detects communications activity.

I hope this helps! Let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hello SlimHeaven, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you aren't able to get any voice channels when using discord. 

Can you please let me know if the PC picks up your voice at all when testing this inside the PC's audio settings? I would also like to know if the issue happens across all platforms or just discord? 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the answers to the above. 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2020

The issue is not that I get no voice.

I connect via bluetooth to the computer - sounds are all working great.

I connect to a voice chat (discord) and the sound works great on the voice call.  However ALL the other system sounds are instantly muted.  

Am I able to enjoy both the sounds of the game I'm playing while talking to friends? 

If not this should def be listed in the product limitations as its incredibly frustrating and to be honest feels like I've been tricked into a product.

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by SlimHeavens

Hi SlimHeavens,

Thanks for clarifying that for us. What you are describing is not something your headphones have the ability to do by themselves. 

Are you using your headphones with a Windows computer or a Mac? 

What it sounds like is happening is, on windows, there is a setting for what the PC will do when it detects you are using voice communications. You can see the options in the picture below and by default it does reduce or mute the volume of all other sounds on the computer.

windows-sound-communications-volume.jpg

You will want to change this setting so the computer is set to Do Nothing when it detects communications activity.

I hope this helps! Let me know!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2020

This did the trick thank you.

I've had many pairs of headsets before, no idea why this happened with only this one but Im very pleased they now work.