tommp
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2021

Soundlink around ear whining in one ear and battery drain

My soundlink around ear headphones have recently begun admitting a whining sound in the right ear. It does not happen when they are first powered on, but begins once the voice announces what devices are connected. It then whines intermittently, but particularly when trying to listening something. It seems to happen both when connected to my laptop and phone. I have disconnected them from both and reconnected but this has not solved the issue.

From fully charged, after listening to about 15 minutes of audio with the constant whine in the right ear, the headphones then announced they were low and needed charging again, and the battery symbol flashes red.

I've also tried the product reset (power down, wait 30 secs, connect to power, wait 5 secs, disconnect and wait 1 minute) but this has not solved the issue either. I've followed various troubleshooting guides but with no luck, and when opening a service ticket, the only suggestion is to buy new headphones which I'm very reluctant to do when they cost so much to begin with, are not that old and have not been used that much. Any suggestions on how to fix?

2 REPLIES 2
Marvin_B

Re: Soundlink around ear whining in one ear and battery drain

Hi tommp!

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community!

I am really sorry to say that it looks like the headphones needs to go for service replacement already.

You have done all the possible troubleshooting steps. Please contact the repair team in your specific region for this.

Here is the LINK.

Keep safe.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
tommp
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2021

Re: Soundlink around ear whining in one ear and battery drain

Unfortunately they are just old enough that they cannot be repaired according to the Bose website and the only available option they give is to buy new. I absolutely refuse to do this. The fact that a £200 pair of headphones can't last as long as a £3.99 pair is appalling. I want to cry at the money I feel has been wasted on Bose.