Highlighted
CP33
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

Soundlink headphones only connects to as voice to laptop

Hi, 

My AE2 headphones dont seem to want to connect to my laptop as headphones anymore and only connects as headset (voice). As you can imagine the sound quality is terrible.

It worked well for a number of weeks as I had two options in the sound toolbar for both headphones and headsets until it just randomly stopped!

How can I connect it so it works properly?

I have tried updating the laptop and the headphones.

I have tried unpairing and clearing the headphones pairing list.

Surely there must be a bluetooth patch or something which will recognise the bose headphones properly!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Soundlink headphones only connects to as voice to laptop

Hello CP33, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site! 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your headphones. 

From what you have described, it sounds like there may be a corruption in Bluetooth pairing, so I would recommend removing pairings from the headphones by holding the power switch over to Bluetooth for around 10 seconds, or until you hear the beep, then go to your computer's Bluetooth settings, and remove the headphones. 

Next, restart the computer, then attempt to pair again. You should see the headphones should connect as "voice, music." On your taskbar, right-click the speaker icon, then click Sounds. Click Playback, and ensure "Headphones" is selected, and not "Headset." When you click on Headphones, click Set Default, click Apply, then click OK. 

If the issue persists, open up your computer's device manager, head to Bluetooth, then locate the headphones. right-click on the model name, then tap click properties. Here you can check for new drivers, and update them if necessary. 

If you haven't already, please also ensure the headphones' firmware is up to date by visiting this link.

I hope this helps! Please let me know how you get on. If anyone else is having similar issues, please try the above and feel free to join in the discussion.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support