Soundsport Free Incompatability with Windows 10

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer

Re: Soundsport Free Incompatability with Windows 10

@timofcourse  I don't work for Bose and my environment is slightly different from yours but I can tell you what works for me.  I have a soundsport wired and win 7/64.  I also have two Revolves, a soundlink mini, and a QC 35ii.  My Intel bt chipset on my Dell was giving me problems with all of them.  My dell desktop didn't have BT at all.  I purchased a SMK Nano USB dongle with the CSR chipset.  I can't tell you if it will work for you, but by disabling my Intel on the laptop and uses the Nano instead, everything worked (including party/stereo mode on the revolves).  There are still some issues such as my Revolve volume/loudness issue but I am generally pretty satisfied with this solution.  Not a high cost investment to try even if it does not work for you.  Not all the dongles will provide the same results.  For example, the Insignia did not work for me either.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SMK-Nano-Dongle-Bluetooth-v4-0-LE-EDR/223195200447?epid=1300126171&hash=ite...Smiley Tongue

Quiet Contributor

@joelirwin, Thanks for taking the time to share - apprecaite the info. Does the new BT adapter also help with video/audio being out of sync?

Silent Starter

Hi Guys,

Anyone had any luck? I had 3 products from Bose and I am really disapointed, it works only one side of my ear buds.

Thanks,

Ricardo.

Silent Starter

Hey Greg,

It is a shame Bose still did not come up with a solution to solving this issue. I can only hear from one side of my device.

Thanks,

Ricardo.

Silent Starter

The Solution which worked for me is, put the Earbuds into the case.

Then deactivate the bluetooth on all other devices where the Earbuds where synced in the past.

After this turn the Earbuds on, so put them out of the case.

Let them try to connect to all the other devices and wait for the default connection Command.

Then i turn on the Bluetooth function  on my Windows 10 Notebook, if the Earbuds connected in my case i got them into stereo mode and both work fine.

Hello ricardoandrade,

I am sorry, I know that it is frustrating. The only way that you can get stereo audio when connected with Windows 10 based computers is during the initial pairing. If you disconnect, upon re-connecting the audio will revert to the Hands-Free Profile and audio will only be heard from the right earbud. This has to do with the way Windows 10 treats the Bluetooth connection and is not something we are likely going to be able to resolve with firmware. 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

@Greg_B , if this issue truly is specific to Windows drivers or a particular hardware configuration, shouldn't any bluetooth headset (with hands free mode at least) also have the same issues?

I can confirm 3 other bluetooth headsets - each from a different manufacturer, including a ~$12 Amazon special - work without issue on the same PC the SSF does not work with. Many others here have shared similar experiences. Doesn't this essentially prove that Bose headsets handle bluetooth connections differently than those that work 100% of the time? Which in turn should mean it's something that could be solved by Bose (either through changes of software or hardware).

Quiet Contributor

Same Problem.

Why such an advanced engineering company that uses very advanced DSP for their products cant figure out a simple bluetooth connection?

I mean chinese headphones that cost $2 have better bluetooth conection.

I lost my faith in this company.

Quiet Contributor

Re: SoundSport Free It only connects with "voice" but not with "sound"

same Problem

where is the fix???

Audible Advocate

Re: SoundSport Free It only connects with "voice" but not with "sound"

Bose Soundsport Free STEREO ON Windows 10

Connect Bose Soundsport Free To Windows 10 PC
Windows + X
Settings
Devices
Turn On Bluetooth
Pull Out Bose Soundsport Free Ear buds from case
Click Add Bluetooth or other devices --> Bluetooth
Select "Bose Free SoundSport" (Toggle Bluetooth on/off & Add if you see"LE-Bosexxxxxx" wait untill you see "Bose Free SoundSport")
When connected susscessfully
close "Settings"

Open "Device Manager"
Windows + X
Device Manager
Sound, video and game controllers
You will see
"Bose Free SoundSport Hands-Free" & "Bose Free SoundSport Stereo".
(Bose Free SoundSport Hands-Free --> Enables Hands-Free Mono Sound & Bose Free SoundSport Stereo --> Enables Stereo Sound)
TRICK --> Hand-Free service is on top priority than stereo service, so if you want stereo service on top priority, make the Hands-Free service unavailabe for Bose Soundsport Free Ear buds)

To Disable Bose Free SoundSport Hands-Free
Bose Free SoundSport Hands-Free --> Right Click --> Disable device
Exit "Device Manager"

This worked atleast in my case (Windows 10 Version 1809 OS Build 17763.253), now whenever I turn PC Bluetooth "On", Bose Soundsport Free gets connect as stereo head phones.

Note: Update your "Bose Soundsport Free" First from "h t t p s : / / b t u . b o s e . c o m