Soundsport Free Incompatability with Windows 10

SOLVED
Quiet Contributor

Re: Soundsport Free Incompatability with Windows 10

@Greg_B, is there a specific bluetooth adapter you can confirm works 100% of the time? As in once it's paired, it'll reconnect as music device  and not just HFP only deviceDoes this also fix the video/audio sync issues?

Thanks.

Hello timofcourse,

I am not able to recommend a specific adapter as we have not tested them here. The A/V lag is more a function of the compression algorithms and the signal path that runs to the right earbud which is then re-transmitted to the left. To my knowledge all current TWS headphones use this daisy chain. I believe the industry is working on other, more user friendly, hardware options to help alleviate the lag issue. 

Best Regards,

Greg

Highlighted
Strident Supporter

@timofcourse  I don't work for Bose and my environment is slightly different from yours but I can tell you what works for me.  I have a soundsport wired and win 7/64.  I also have two Revolves, a soundlink mini, and a QC 35ii.  My Intel bt chipset on my Dell was giving me problems with all of them.  My dell desktop didn't have BT at all.  I purchased a SMK Nano USB dongle with the CSR chipset.  I can't tell you if it will work for you, but by disabling my Intel on the laptop and uses the Nano instead, everything worked (including party/stereo mode on the revolves).  There are still some issues such as my Revolve volume/loudness issue but I am generally pretty satisfied with this solution.  Not a high cost investment to try even if it does not work for you.  Not all the dongles will provide the same results.  For example, the Insignia did not work for me either.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SMK-Nano-Dongle-Bluetooth-v4-0-LE-EDR/223195200447?epid=1300126171&hash=ite...Smiley Tongue

Quiet Contributor

@joelirwin, Thanks for taking the time to share - apprecaite the info. Does the new BT adapter also help with video/audio being out of sync?