DLN
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 30, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free It only connects with "voice" but not with "sound"

Brilliant!! This is working great for me! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

ConnoissseurOfChaos
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 16, 2019

Thank you @mrkaqz for this workaround.  Very helpful after so much frustration getting stereo sound with playback on Windows 10 PC.  Bose needs to fix this asap.

GoZippy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 17, 2019

Finally that did it! 

Still drops sound too much for me though.. sitting right in front of laptop and its hit or miss if the thing stays connected on stereo - but it sounds a lot better now and is stereo! yippie .. still - it drops and comes back and drops ...no crazy interference around here... so... not the best for pc connection... works great from my phone though.

dragon_haooo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Re: Soundsport Free doesn't match as an headset on Windows 10

It's work for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you soooooo much. This problem really annoy me for couple weeks.

So happy now

MarwenK
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

Hi the workaround doesnt work for me when i reconnect the sound sport free

i'm going to change it with a jabra 😕

smellslikefish
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 24, 2019

Hello,

I've found a solution to this problem. Unfortunately, until the device starts connecting to the "stereo" version like other normal bluetooth headphones, you will have to repeat these steps whenever you want to use your earbuds.

1. Go to the bluetooth setting page ("Bluetooth & other devices")

2. In Audio you will see Bose Free SoundSport listed -> Left click on it -> Click Remove device -> Click Yes

3. Put the earbuds back into case and close it

4. Open case, put earbuds back into ear

5. Go back to the bluetooth setting page ("Bluetooth & other devices")

6. Go to "Add Bluetooth or other device"

7. Go to Bluetooth

8. Connect to "Bluetooth Free SoundSport"

You are now connected to the "stereo" and not the "hands-free" version. You will have to once again repeat step 1-3 when you are done using the headphone and do step 4-8 whenever you want to use it again.

Hope that helps!

Highlighted

Hello smellslikefish! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

Thanks very much for sharing these steps. You have indeed noted the only stereo solution we have found when using Windows 10. Namely, that the stereo connection is present on initial connection and subsequent connections use the Hands Free profile. Refreshing the Bluetooth connection is the only way to restore stereo audio in this use case. 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

MarwenK
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

Thank you guys for your Help

but i changed my bose with jabra elite active 65 T with bluetooth 5

it's much better

sorry

Tomo2709
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 4, 2019

I have just purchased a Bose Soundsport Free after (upgrading from the Bose Soundsport as they had build defects (the rubber casing kept coming away from the ear bud on the original and the replacement ). The Bose soundsport worked perfectly with windows, iPhone etc.

My boss soundsport free won’t connect as per the 300+ postings that have been created since 2017. If they do connect it is a poor quality connection in the right ear bud.
I’ll be honest - I am very disappointed that Bose believes it is satisfactory that a workaround is a suitable solution to this problem. Could I please have an official response from the development team regarding a driver update to resolve this problem. I require my Bose speakers for conference calls and don’t have the time to perform a workaround every time I chose to use the computer. I need to use the headphones interchangeably between my iPhone and windows computer.
Look forward to a detailed response.
VivB
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 14, 2019

After weeks of searching for a solution; finally found one that works - and it wasn't from Bose technicians! Well done mate. 

Unfortunately, the lag issue persists on my Windows PC (no issues off my phone). I bought the Soundsport off duty free and hence non-returnable. Though the brand was enough, how wrong I was. Irritating connection issues, lags, ear fatigue and pain (my ears seem to fit between M and L). 

I upgraded from Samsung Level U, and end up using those more often now. Sound quality isn't everything. Bose sure got it wrong with this one.