Soundsport Free Incompatability with Windows 10

Quiet Contributor

Re: Soundsport Free Incompatability with Windows 10

I just purchased this product. It works fine in IOS. I have tried it with several different bluetooth adapters in windows 10.

I tried all of the work arounds listed here and nothing works to keep the stereo profile. It will list the stereo profile until you attempt to play something, then al that is available is the hands free profile. I made sure I am up to date for the earbud firmware and all windows updates.

Silent Starter

Re: Soundsport Free Incompatability with Windows 10

I changed my bose to jabra 65T active
Now I understand why it's not possible to let the ear pods works fine
The problem comes from is Bluetooth 4
Bluetooth 5 (in jabra) allows phone to manage 2 audio devices (right and left) separetely
It's the phone who syncs right and left not the right pod like in bose with Bluetooth.
Quiet Contributor

Re: Soundsport Free doesn't match as an headset on Windows 10

Thank you so much!!! Very simple and helpful Smiley Happy

Silent Starter

Ok everyone I have found the solutions.

This has be bugging me since I got these. So what you do to fix the connection issue is the following:

Open Bluetooth settings.

Go to related settings click devices/printers

Under devices click your headphones(mine is Excutive)

Click the hardware tab.

This is the fun part your going to double click hands free function.

Click the Driver tab

Then Disable Device. This will disable the handsfree(aka the mic). Repeat for the other hands free on the list. This keeps it from connecting. Enjoy y’all I’m so happy I figured this out.
Silent Starter

Let me know if you guys need help I’m happy to help. Wish I was getting paid for this lol.
Highlighted

Thanks Suavesandard for you post, and welcome to the community. 

We hope your comments help others who also have this issue.

Have a great day.

Leon_C - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Hey I tried this solution, but unfortunately, it says that "No driver files are requried or have been loaded for this device." I've removed the buds from my bluetooth, and reconnected them well over 20 times over the course of owning them. Unfortunately, once ANY sound plays through them, the "stereo" preset is disconnected from my sound. I had a ticket with bose that was sent to engineering, but still have not reached full resolution. I've tried many others, when I google "bose soundsport bluetooth windows" all of the links on the first and second page are purple. Still, nothing is has fixed the issue Smiley Sad

Quiet Contributor

Tried still doesnt work.

it seems to be a temporary bug that gets activated once the headset is paired with another device ( example: phone). when you try to disconnect it and connect it back to windows 10 this happens.

Im not buying anymore Bose products, willing to sacrifice some DPS advantage in sound quality for the security of actually working with microsoft products.

Quiet Contributor

Hi all,

thanks for sharing the solutions. It does indeed work. But the question remains. What and why is this happening with these earbuds. Is it due to o MS Windows 10 or Bose product?

The reason why i ask if because I also own a Soundlink II headphones and connecting to Windows 10 was trouble free. I can see both profiles on my windows 10 (Stereo and hands-free) and more its smart enough to work with windows sound profile. Meaning that when I am listening to audio it's on stereo, but if I get a voice call (webex or skype) it will pause music and get me on the handsfree profile (which in fairness is configured on these conferencing applications.)

I also appreciate that earbuds and headphones are 2 different products with different manufacturing dates and probably different bluethooth chips.

Audible Advocate

Hi

Sorry the solutions offered don’t seem to work for me (although appreciating the time and effort that people have spent trying to help other Bose users) I am still left puzzled as to why Bose are not escalating this issue.

Bose without doubt is a quality brand. Why would you risk jeopardising that for something that your engineers could try and resolve via an update?

Please (for the second time now) could someone from Bose please provide aome comfort to us by confirming this is being looked at / escalated.

In hope....
P