Wollypog
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2016

Re: Soundsport Free doesn't match as an headset on Windows 10

@Kevin Hower THANK YOU!!!  This works for me.  I disconnected and reconnected the earbuds and they worked.  We'll see if that lasts through a Windows reboot.

Querry
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 2, 2019

U r the best. It Worked

seanbob
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Re: SoundSport Free It only connects with "voice" but not with "sound"

@Kevin Hower  - Thanks for this. This helped and saved me from having to return these. It was just a no-go if I couldn't get this to work.

Visun
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 4, 2018

dude can you helpme out im able to clear the list of the right budds but not the left one... cuz only the right one is blinking blue in colour and the left one is still blinking white... plz help u are the only hope for me cuz im out of warrenty... last time i got it replaced...

edsyrett
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Re: Soundsport Free Incompatability with Windows 10

I have Windows 10 and my Soundsport is still not working with it.

When I connect via bluetooth, both the handsfree and stereo profiles work, but as soon as I try to play any music it disconnects.   In the Sound dialog in Control Panel, it's obvious what has happened.  If I right-click on the Stereo device and click Connect, nothing happens.  

Clearly there are still bugs with the SoundSport with Windows 10.

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Kevin Hower
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

Follow my steps listed in the thread. First clear the ear buds by holding down the button on the left ear bud until you hear "Bluetooth Device List Cleared" then, place them back in the charging case with the charging case connected to your machine, next clear all bose connections from your bluetooth settings. To get there just click the windows icon at the bottom left section of your screen then click on the gear icon that says "settings". Once opening settings click on "devices" after that you should be in the bluetooth section. Find any bose related connections in the "Audio" section and remove them. If there is no Bose anything in your audio section or no audio section at all then you're good. Also, find any "LE-Bose Free SoundSport" connections in the "Other Devices" section and remove it/them. Again, if there is no LE-Bose Free SoundSport listed then you're good. Take them out of the case and place them in your ears untill they say "ready to connect". Reconnect them to your Windows 10 PC/Laptop by using the same bluetooth section in your windows settings that you did when clearing any preexisting connections. First, click on the "add bluetooth or other devices" button found at the top and pair the "LE-Bose Free SoundSport" after it connects close out of it then click the "add bluetooth or other devices" again. This time pair the "Bose Free SoundSport" which would be the one with the headphones icon next to it. Let it connect until you see it say "connected voice, music". If your machine prompts you a window for granting permission for pairing just click "Allow". Then try to run some sound through it. It should be good to go. Also note, that the Bose SoundSport Free automatically connects with the volume at 50% so you might need to turn it up a bit. Also note that you will need to follow these steps each and every time your buds disconnect or loses its connection to your machine even if you just acidentally move too far away from your machine with your buds still in your ear and they disconnect. Explaining it in detail seems long but I can asure you, doing it is a very simple task.

Kevin Hower
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

It really doesn't matter what colors they're blinking so long as your buds say "bluetooth device list cleared". After that you should be placing them back  into the charging case while the case is connected to your machine.

Kevin Hower
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

@edsyrett

I've already addressed this issue in the thread. Follow the instructions. If your buds are losing the "music" portion of the connection its genrally due to an audio transport error communicating between the two ear buds. Normally this is due to the left ear bud disconnecting or "falling asleep" while the right stays active. If this is the case simply repeat the steps I have listed. Also, one more thing while I'm on here. If you're not running any active sound through the buds while connected it will eventually automativally shut off and disconnect you. So keep that in mind as well.

Visun
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 4, 2018

buddy thank you.. everthing worked as u said only after bothe the budes were blinkink blue in colour... the right bud could be easily reset by connecting it to the app.. but the left one was an issue so what i did is i kept in in case and pressed the blutooth button for like 5 seconds & booth buds started blinking blue... after that i followed your steps and it started working like magic... thank you much.... should make a youtube video or something for this, many people are having this issue and are out of warrent this might help them...

Highlighted
millersu
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

I see you are at version 1803 of Windows 10.  You need to update Windows to version 1903 to fix your problems with the SSF.  Updating my laptop to version 1903 of Windows, which is the most current one, solved my problem of the SSF pairing just fine, ready to connect "audio" and "voice", but once I start playing music the "voice" connection would drop.  I have tried everyone's proposed fix going back in this entire thread to 2017.  Although some fixes held for the moment, they did not work after the SSF was put back in its case, or the computer was rebooted.  Only updating the Windows operating system fixed the issue permanently.  Don't return your SSF, just update your computer.  You need the updates that come with Windows 10 v1903 in order for the SSF to connect properly to your computer.