Soundsport Free and Apple Watch left bud not working out of the case

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Soundsport Free and Apple Watch left bud not working out of the case

Hello,

I have the Bose Soundsport Free. I use them when working out. I have a bunch of music downloaded to my Apple Watch and I like to play music directly from my AW to the soundsport frees. However, when I put the buds in their charge case and then take them directly back out again, the left ear bud does not work when paired with the AW. I then have to pair the buds with my iPhone and then pair them back with the watch again to get the left earbud working. This workaround always works, so I think there is a software glitch. I have contacted Bose in store, email and phone. They told me to post this here. Unfortunatley, they do not have an AW to test this out with to confirm they are having the same problem.

This is my second pair from the store and the software is up to date at 2.5.6  

Can anybody else please confirm they are experiencing the same problem? Or if there is some fix, what is it? 

This is playing the music directly from the AW to the buds that I have this problem. If you have it paired to the iPhone and then use the AW to control music, songs then the left ear bud will work. This is when the buds are paired to the AW that I am having this problem.

Thanks!
Bose_in_Portland

29 REPLIES

Re: Soundsport Free and Apple Watch left bud not working out of the case

Hi Bose_in_Portland

Thanks for joining the community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

Can you please provide which model Apple Watch you're using as well as if it has cellular?

Warm Regards

Tony A - Community Support 

Silent Starter

Hi Tony_A,

Have you gotten this to work on a non-LTE AW?

I have a series 2, which does not have cellular. One of the guys at the store thought perhaps it was going into call mode for some reason but I do not have the option "sync contact" enabled in the blue tooth setting.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Bose_in_Portland

Yes, that was my thought as well, as the SoundSport Frees only utilize the right ear bud for communications.  When connecting to the Apple Watch, do you notice two Bose headsets connected with the letters "LE" in the name?  If so, can we disconnect the LE connection which is used for communications?

Thank you

Tony A 

Silent Starter

I have the same problem as well. I have a 2nd generation Apple Watch, so no cellular on the watch. It has worked in the past when I would pair directly with the watch and play out of both ear buds.

Hi JimH26

Thanks for reaching out.  Were you able to see if there were two different Bluetooth connections active at the same time? 

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Silent Starter

Hi Tony,

No, I do not see two headsets connected. Only one headset connected, the Free Buds as I call them. No Free Buds LE 1 and 2, just the one connection. Nothing else showing connected.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Bose_in_Portland

Thanks for checking!

Since this issue has occurred, have we tried clearing the pairing list on the headset by holding down the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until the headset prompts the list is cleared?  Also you would want to remove the headset from the Apple Watch and iPhone and re-pair again.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Silent Starter

Hi Tony,

I did get an entire new pair out of the box and had the exact same problem. The new pair would have cleared the list and it would have been a fresh pair. I can try again. Have you tried this on your end? 

Thanks,

Bose_in_Portland

Hi Bose_in_Portland

Thanks for update.  Did you also clear the Bluetooth list in the Apple Watch? 

I don't have an Apple Watch in the office here, but I can reach out to development to see if they can test this feature out.

Warm Regards,

Tony A