JimH26
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2018

Re: Soundsport Free and Apple Watch left bud not working out of the case

I also did not have the two connections, just the one. I unpaired & re-paired the ear buds & they worked the first time. Then after I put them back in the case and take them out again, it does the same thing and only plays out of the right ear bud.
surekill
Participant
Registered since

Jun 19, 2018

I have a similar problem, and the only way I get around it is to wipe down the device list (holding down the button for 10 seconds) when I switch from using the earphones with my iPhone X and my Apple Watch, then have to forget and re-add the earphones on the different devices.

I know you should be able to pair them up to multiple devices, but I've never got it to work properly and just wipe the device list every time.

Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi all

I have put in a request to development to see if we can test this and recreate these issues in-house.

Please standby while we look into this issue.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

tomudesu
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2018

I have the same issue, and a cumbersome workaround for those interested.

AW2 and Soundsport Free to be clear. Here is what works for me:

1. Take left earbud out first. Then right. (I am not sure of the necessity of this, but it never seems to work if I start with right earbud)

2. Right earbud will state "Apple Watch." If any music can be played at this point, it will only be in right earbud.

3. Double click left earbud to switch to phone. 

4. Connect to Soundsport Free in the Bluetooth settings in the phone settings app. 

5. Double click to switch to Apple Watch. 

6. Go to Apple Watch Bluetooth settings in the Apple Watch Settings app and connect.

7. Switch to Now Playing app, Switch to Apple Watch as source, and play. It usually works. 

Sometimes I have to repeat.

I hope a smoother process can be developed in a firmware update. I switched from Airpods because the build quality was horrible(4 replacements in a year), but I will probably not buy Bose again unless they can make the connection process seamless. I don't need the seamless transfer from phone to watch, just for the earbuds to stay connected in both ears from day to day without having to go throught the couple minutes of rigmarole wasted each and every day before exercise.

DJDogger
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

I have a similar problem. My SoundSport Frees connect fine to my Galaxy s7 edge running Android 8, but when I connect them to my MacBook Air running macOS 10.13.6 the right bud doesn't give out any sound. It tells me the battery percentage and what they are connected to but it woun't play any sound from my laptop. Only my left bud plays with my laptop. This immedietly started after the 2.5.6 update I did a few days ago. Before the update they were working fine.

Greg_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello DJDogger! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear about your trouble but would be glad to help.

Let's see if refreshing the connection helps with the following steps:

1. Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  2. Delete your headphones from the Bluetooth list on your device. All devices are cleared and the headphones are ready to connect.
  3. Pair and test for function

Please let us know if this helps.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

DJDogger
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

@Greg_B Thanks for the reply and suggestion. Sadley it did not work. Although I have discovered that if my left bud is charging, then my right bud does work with my laptop. I still can't get both buds to work at the same time though.

DJDogger
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

Thanks for the reply. I have found out what the problem was, and it had nothing to do with the buds them self. For what ever reason, after my buds updated, the sound balance on my laptop went all the way left. All I have to was move the balance back to the middle and now both buds are playing. I can't believe I didn't think of that before.

Again thanks for the reply.

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi DJDogger,

Thanks or the update, That's great news! Glad you got your headphones working.

Have a great day!

Tony G - Community Support

ALindquist5
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

@Bose_in_Portland, I am experiencing the exact same issue.  Just bought my Bose SSF buds yesterday.  Initially paired them with my iPhon XS with no problems.  Then paired them with my Apple Watch 2 last night in preparation for a morning run.  Tests last night worked (I think because I was successfully paired with my phone first, which seems to be the trick), but after popping the buds out of my case this morning, only the right bud would play from my AW2.

I tried several different methods to re-pair the bluetooth to my watch, but with no success.  Only got sound from the right bud.

Like you, @Bose_in_Portland, the workaround seems to be that you need to fully pair the buds with the Bose Connect app on the iPhone first, then switch to pairing with the AW2 in order to get both buds properly paired.  The persistent problem is that after pairing to AW2, that becomes the preferred primary pairing, and I have to clear the pairing list by holding the bluetooth button for 10 sec on the left bud in order to repair with my iPhone.  With the pairing list cleared, I can go back through the initial pairing with my iPhone, and then switch to AW2 pairing.  But, this is rediculous to need to do every time I want to go for a run (daily!).  

Bose, this is a big disappointment.  Full and easy functionality with wearable devices like AW is why I bought wireless buds to run without bringing my phone.  My Bose QuietComfort 35s handle this pairing with my iPhone and AW2, back and forth, without any issue, and I was hoping your running buds would do the same.  I'm disappointed to have to return them.

--- ALindquist5