Three_B
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 3, 2019

Re: Soundsport Free and Apple Watch left bud not working out of the case

Hello,

Is this problem resolved...I have a Apple Watch 4 and just got new Soundsport Free ear buds and only the right side is working with the Watch. It doesn’t show 2 seperate devices in the Bluetooth list, just one.

Thanks,
Abhishek
reverendtom
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 10, 2019

It has not been resolved yet. I'm still awaiting the next update from Bose support.

Hi all,

Thanks for contributing to this thread. We appreciate everyone's patience.  I just wanted to jump in here and remind everyone that as we have information to share we will share it here in the community!

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

blairsouthcott13
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 4, 2019

Hi Tony,

Just wondering if there are any updates yet?
Three_B
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 3, 2019

The earbuds have the same issue while taking a call on iPhone on one of them works. If I m listening to music or any other app, bith of them work. This is really an issue.

Hi All,

Thanks for posting.

Blairsouthcott13 - we do not currently have an update to share with the community but I will be following this up with our engineering team to see if there is anything we can share.

Three_Bose - The earbuds on the SoundSport Frees are designed to only use the right earbud while on phone calls so as long as you are getting stereo when listening to music they are working as intended.

All the best.

Keith - Community Support - 

rafamartinez
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2019

Hello,

Any update about the problem? I bought the Bose soundsport free two weeks ago to use it with my apple watch 2 while running without having to carry the phone and found that is not working reliable. 

Smiley Frustrated

Rafael

Highlighted

Hi Rafamartinez,

The issue your experiencing is due to how the apple watch is seeing our earphones. It believes that our earphones are a Bluetooth headset and as such will only play through one ear. We are actively looking into a solution and will update everybody when we have a resolution. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C - Community Support

ravinath
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 13, 2019

Hey there,

So I have been using my sound sport wireless for about 2 months now with my Apple Watch and it always works if I pair it with my phone first and then switch to my watch. So after every run I switch it back to my phone and then put it back in my case. That way, next time I use them, they connect to my phone first, then switch to my watch and off I go with stereo sound :-). Still would like Bose to fix this though.
JoeSoundsport
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2019

I have exact the same problem. With iphone all is good, but if I want to switch for the Apple Watch, the left bud is not playing. 😞