Highlighted
Smaron19
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 10, 2018

Soundsport Free left ear but will ever allow you to listen to calls?

I had the sound sport, and recently went to the free... why is it that the left side you can't hear out of the left side on a call... I know apple air pods and my boss sound sports you can and multiple other companies. Any chanice firmware update will come out with that fix??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Soundsport Free left ear but will ever allow you to listen to calls?

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hi Smaron19

Thanks for posting. Regarding the phone calls being only in the right ear of your SoundSport Free, this is a technical limitation of the Truly Wireless Technology that we utilized for the SoundSport Free headphones where the master (right) earbud cannot send call audio to the left earbud. This is typical of this technology, and there are several other benefits to using this, such as comfort, fit, and unrivaled sound quality, as well as convenience. 

We do appreciate the feedback, it helps make our products better!

Have a great day!
Tony

32 REPLIES 32
Donovan
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 17, 2018

Doubt it champ. 

If they could direct phone calls out of both sides they would have when the product was initially released.

It's no big deal for me, but seems to be a real concern for some. 

Smaron19
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 10, 2018

So the thing is the Sound Sport you can talk out of the right but listen in both ear... All I want is to be able to listen to music and when you take a call your left ear bud doesnt have to go dead you should be able to hear the in both ears... Apple airpods allow it, sony, jbl etc... everyone else can do it but bose did not??? my QC 35 wireless nosie cancelling over the heard allows you to hear out the both ears and the mic is on the right. So its all about a firmware update.... still waiting for BOSE rep to chime in

Donovan
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 17, 2018

Those other models either have bluetooth connections from each ear piece or the left and right ear pieces are wired together.

I'm guessing the issue is latency between the left and righ ear pieces in the SSF.

I could be wrong. They may add it via firmware but I'd be very surprised. 

How much time you spending on the phone anyway?

Smaron19
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 10, 2018

what I heard is that because its illegal to be on a bluetooth headset in other states. the majoirty of everyone must suffer. still wating to see how thats true... This is bose we are talking about not some chinese knock of product thats sold in walgreens. All they need to do if that is the case when it comes to " state laws " put the firmware out there advise by accepting this you will be responsible for not driving with them on but can use it while doing sports or working out as they are intended for... 

I use them quiet a bit. 

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hi Smaron19

Thanks for posting. Regarding the phone calls being only in the right ear of your SoundSport Free, this is a technical limitation of the Truly Wireless Technology that we utilized for the SoundSport Free headphones where the master (right) earbud cannot send call audio to the left earbud. This is typical of this technology, and there are several other benefits to using this, such as comfort, fit, and unrivaled sound quality, as well as convenience. 

We do appreciate the feedback, it helps make our products better!

Have a great day!
Tony

Smaron19
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 10, 2018

Hello Tony,

This is where I'm going to have to disagree with you on this " typical technology" BOSE is not typical one of the many reasons I buy mutliple prodcuts from them is because they are Reliable and they stand out from thr rest when it comes to audio in all aspects. I just find it HARD to Believe that hey lowered the price to 199.99 for the past 2 weeks to compete with the Apple Airpods... amazing enough they have the tech to make that impossible, possible?? most poeple have got away from the old school single wireless bluetooth headset that motorola was know for...  I like that they are wireless and comes with the chraging case which is a given.... I can listen to audio such as music and videos and everything else. but you mean to tell me I cant listen to the conversation in both ears and talk from the right... whats crazy is other companies do it and My QC 35 do it as well..... so the tech is there.. release the firmware update and allow us BOSE people to be truly happy...

User12345
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Totally agree to the comments above. I bought my set yesterday and am already questioning the purchase. I have always used BOSE products but this one is extremely uncomfortable to hear audio in one ear, especially when I spend at least a few hours on calls everyday. The workday has just started and I am already feeling dizzy.

BOSE tech team - please release the update so that we continue to get the fabulous experience of using BOSE products.
jjusino
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2018

I am agree too. It is anoying to have phone calls in one ear. I just upgrade from my soundsport to discover that my new soundsport free do not support calls audio in both sides. I am also, re-considering to return them and go with soemthing else.

geneco
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 4, 2018

It doesn’t make sense that Bose would claim its technology is superior to others when those others (Apple, Sony, JBL) are capable of sending sound from phone calls to both ears. Dear Bose: “superior” is what meets the needs of users/customers, not what you may believe is important. If something does not meet the needs of customers, it is not superior it is irrelevant. So if Bose has no plans of meeting our needs, I for one will be replacing these soundsports with an “inferior” product that does.