Highlighted
bmt9bc
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 9, 2018

Soundsport Free won’t connect to anything.

Suddenly stopped connecting to my Apple Watch and now won’t connect to even my iPhone X. Very frustrating because they are very new. I’ve tried holding the connect button. I’ve tried putting in the cradle and waiting but still no luck.
57 REPLIES 57

Re: Soundsport Free won’t connect to anything.

Hi bmt9bc,

Thanks for the question. I'm sorry to hear about that. Could we start with clearing the headphones memory and re pairing?

To clear the pairing list:

1. Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  2. Delete your headphones from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device. All devices are cleared and the headphones are ready to connect.

Please come back and update us when you can.

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

caimi3
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 12, 2018

Tony,

What bluetooth button are you referrring to?   I am having the same problem. Up until a week ago my Bose Soundsport connected to my iphone every day. Now no matter what i try it won't connect to my apple watch.  I have removed it from my iphone . I have held hte button on the bose for ten seconds. Nothing works. Very frustrating for devices that aren't exactly cheap.  And my cheap Altec wireles headphones connect to the apple watch without a problem.

Hi caimi3,

Here is a picture of where the Bluetooth button is.

If clearing the headset doesn't work, I would make sure that the headphones software is updated using the Bose connect app or by going to btu.bose.com. You can also contact your local Bose support for assistance if you need. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

TeamHop
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 24, 2018

I have the exact same issue. Headphones won't pair at all. I've held the Bluetooth button down until my thumb is sore. Is there a solution here?

Hi TeamHop,

Thanks for posting. If you are unable to clear the pairing list on your headphones using the steps provided, I would contact your local Bose support for assistance. You can use this link. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

tamfal86@aol.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 28, 2018

Just bought mine today at Best Buy. I have a bluetooth connection, but Bose Connect doesnt see them. I cleared the bluetooth devices, unpaired on my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, no luck.

Hi Tamfal86,

Can you confirm that you have followed these steps to pair your headphones both with and without the connect app? 

To pair a Bluetooth device without the Connect App:

• Remove the headphones from the charging case. A voice prompt from the right earbud announces “Battery level percent. Ready to connect" and the Bluetooth indicator on each earbud blinks blue. 
    Note: To hear the voice prompt, make sure you are wearing the headphones.
  • On your mobile device, turn on the Bluetooth feature. 
    Tip: The Bluetooth feature is usually found in the Settings menu.
  • Select your Bose headphones from the device list. Once connected, a voice prompt from the right earbud announces “Connected to " and the Bluetooth indicator on each earbud glows solid white.

Pairing a Bluetooth device using the Bose Connect app:

• Enable Bluetooth from the settings menu of the device to be paired
  • Turn on the Bose product:
    • If the Bluetooth indicator is flashing blue, the product is ready to pair. Go to Step 3
    • If the Bluetooth indicator is flashing white, the product is attempting to connect to a previously connected device. Push and hold the power switch all the way up until the indicator flashes blue, which signals the product is ready to pair
  • Open the Bose Connect app and wait while it searches for available Bose Bluetooth products

Please let us know,

Tony G - Community Support

jvhalbrooks@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 8, 2018

I have the same issue. They were working fine yesterday, but now today they won't pair. I have asked the iphone to "forget device." I've hard-restarted the iphone. The Bose Connect app finds them when they are in the cradle, but not when I remove them. Holding the bluetooth button for ten seconds does not turn the light from white to blue; it just keeps flashing white. Also, I'm not getting any voice prompts.

jvhalbrooks@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 8, 2018

P.S. The pair is less than a month old.