Beanie11
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 14, 2019

Spotify & YouTube

I pay for Spotify premium and purchased 2 of your products the soundlink resolve speaker and quiet comfort 35 II headphones and on both of the Bose products I have issues with the music constantly skipping throughout songs, to the point that you have to turn the products off, it happens while using Spotify and YouTube?? What’s up that and hoodie you make it stop?
If we are buying these products, they should work for all apps shouldn’t they, otherwise what’s the point in having them?
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Spotify & YouTube

Hello Beanie11,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem, it is certainly unusual that both of your products are behaving in this way with those particular apps. It sounds like you may be having a Bluetooth connectivity issue.

Here are a couple of questions and troubleshooting steps I would like to provide:

• Do you by any chance have another device that you can test this situation with? 
  • Do you have any non-Bose speakers to test with your device?
  • Which device are you using? - Could you also ensure that your device and applications are running the latest software.
  • Use the audio cable connection rather than Bluetooth to see if you are still experiencing the skipping. 

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Beanie11
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 14, 2019

Do you by any chance have another device that you can test this situation with? I will try using my iPad to see if that’s any different and let you know.
Do you have any non-Bose speakers to test with your device? I have a Sony speaker which works perfectly fine with Spotify via Bluetooth using my iPhone, no skipping or connectivity issues.
Which device are you using? I’m using my iPhone
- Could you also ensure that your device and applications are running the latest software. Yes
Use the audio cable connection rather than Bluetooth to see if you are still experiencing the skipping. Will give this a go and let you know.

So just to be clear.........if my iPhone is up to date, etc then I shouldn’t be experiencing no issues when using my Bose products with Spotify?
Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Beanie11I don't remember all the posts - but in the last 30 days alone I recollect at least 4 to 6 posts on the same skipping issue.  You probably want to browse a bunch of screens here looking for them to see what happened.  Your situation is not unique.  While this may not be helpful to you, but I have two Revolves and a QC35ii but I listen to music directly from my iPhone using the Ecoute app with no skipping.  On the otherhand, as a professional film composer, I am constantly creating music with professional music creation software and I have noticed  very significant skipping which I believe is due to the latency issue and inability of Bluetooth (BT) which is consumer designed imho to keep up.  Your issues may be latency or perhaps some delay caused by your internet provider (Wifi or 4G/5G).  Now that other vendors don't have the issue only imho suggests that Bose has implemented the audio streaming of BT 4.x differently.  Yes, we would want Bose to match the perhaps more efficient implementations of other vendors, but asking for that in a firmware upgrade would require a significant imho engineering development / change / committment by Bose and probably would not be manifested in a BT firmware upgrade any time soon even if they decided to make a change (which of course, we will never know until the firmware comes out).  And BTW, even if and when the firmware comes out, Bose does not document things real well as manifested by the recent QC35i firmware upgrade so we would only be able to verify the fix (if there was one), by testing it ourselves.

Hello Beanie11,

Thanks for getting back in touch. I am curious to know the outcome of your test with the other devices and also if you experienced the skipping with a wired connection? I would recommend that you try a  product reboot for both the products and I would also like you to try rebooting your router.

To reset your speaker:

• Unplug the speaker from power, then turn it on using battery power

• Press and hold the Multi-function (•○•) button for 10 seconds until the product lights glow, then release the button.#

To reboot your headset:

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds

• Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds

• Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute

• Turn on the headset

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Zoe_CIs this is not the first customer with these issues in the last few months.  As stated above, many other posts here have said the same thing.  So why are we having every customer who posts the skipping issue go through the same troubleshooting.  Are you suggesting that standard troubleshooting is going to solve some of the problems?  I have been reading elsewhere in this forum and the other forums, that for Bose products this is expected behavior for Bose BT implementation.  So what is the 'scoop' - again this is not the first customer who has skipping issues.

(keep in mind that those with issues here and elsewhere have stated this is not a global BT issue but a Bose specific BT implementation - i.e., other vendors don't have the issue ..... do you agree?)

Beanie11
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 14, 2019

Thanks Zoe, I will give this a go but as Joelirwin states, I don’t have this problem with my Sony speaker which is connected using the same device & via Bluetooth so it does seem a bit odd, will check out your advice and let you know. Thanks