Ashwc
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2021

Spotify shortcut not working

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Bose NC 700

Country

USA

Firmware Version

1.8.2-11524+e0f7590

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
Google pixel 2 xl Android version 11

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I tried to change the shortcut button to bring up Spotify, but when pressing the button after I switched the function in the app, I would only hear a confirmation noise, and then nothing would happen.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Everywhere

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

It never worked, I started experiencing it when I tried to use it

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Reinstalled both the Bose app and Spotify, and updating both apps, and the firmware. I also tried the shortcut with Spotify open, closed, paused, and playing music. Nothing worked.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: Spotify shortcut not working

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

@Surgisee, I am sorry to hear this is not working for you. The steps you have tried so far are great. Let's try and perform a product reset, to do this:

- Disconnect all cables from the headphones.

- Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.

- Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.

- Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds.

If this does not work, we can try resetting all Bluetooth connections, to do this: 

• Clear the Bluetooth device list on the headset by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button until you hear 'Device list cleared'.
  • Delete the headphones from the Bose Music app.
  • Uninstall and then reinstall the app.
  • Pair the headphones to your phone manually via Bluetooth.
  • Reconnect the headphones to the Bose Music app.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jeff_G

Hello Ashwc,

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you've had issues using the Spotify shortcut. 

There are some requirements for Spotify One Touch to work correctly. I have included all relevant details below. 

Using Spotify One Touch

Requirements:

• To see the feature as a Shortcut option in the App, users must have the following:
    • iOS Headphones firmware 1.8.2 and app version 4.2.3 and up
    • Android app version 4.4.4 and up

• Must have the latest Spotify app installed (premium or free)
  • Must be logged into the Spotify app

Using the one touch feature

• Tap and hold the right earcup to start Spotify
  •  Press and hold to skip to the next recommended playlist

You may experience a negative tone if:

• You do not have the latest Spotify app installed
  • Your headphone are only connected to a non-phone device (iPad, laptop, watch, etc)
  • You are not logged into the Spotify app
  • You force close the app during a session (re-opening the app or power cycling the headset will turn the feature back on)
  • Your phone is not connected to the headphones

Please ensure everything is set up as per the recommendations and let me know if this makes a difference. 

Thanks!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Surgisse
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2021

I have exactly the same problem.

Pixel 4 Android 11, Spotify 8.6.30.889, Android app 4.4.6. Have tried restarting headphones, reinstalling Spotify app, no change, still the rejection sound. 

Same Firmware Version, 1.8.2-11524+e0f7590

Country: Australia. New headphones, the spotify shortcut never worked.
https://spotify-everywhere.com/products/bose-nc-700 Says that the shortcut only works with IOS but Bose says it should work with latest android app?

Vicky_W

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

@Surgisee, I am sorry to hear this is not working for you. The steps you have tried so far are great. Let's try and perform a product reset, to do this:

- Disconnect all cables from the headphones.

- Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.

- Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.

- Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds.

If this does not work, we can try resetting all Bluetooth connections, to do this: 

• Clear the Bluetooth device list on the headset by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button until you hear 'Device list cleared'.
  • Delete the headphones from the Bose Music app.
  • Uninstall and then reinstall the app.
  • Pair the headphones to your phone manually via Bluetooth.
  • Reconnect the headphones to the Bose Music app.

Let me know how you get on!

View solution in original post

Surgisse
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2021

Thanks very much, after installing the latest update not available when I last posted and then reconnecting Bluetooth made it work, and a Spotify everywhere notification came up too. 

Vicky_W

@Surgisse, I am so glad to hear this worked for you. Do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. 😊