Static Noise and Cannot Connect to MacBook Pro

Highlighted

Re: Static Noise and Cannot Connect to MacBook Pro

Hi All,

Can we get you to try and connect via auxiliary and see if the static is still there? Just so we can see whether this is coming from the noise cancellation module.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C - Community Support

Silent Starter

I was able to verify that with the auxiliary the static noise is no longer there, without it is very intense.

Hello Rcgonzalezf, 

Thanks for reaching out today. 

The information you have provided is very helpful and helps us to locate the issue. Can I please confirm that you have the QC35 series I headphones and that you have tried all of the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread? I will list them below with a few extras of ease of testing: 

• Refresh your Bluetooth list. - To refresh your Bluetooth connection first slide and hold the power switch to the right for ten seconds or until you hear the voice prompt say "Bluetooth device list cleared". Then remove them from your MacBooks Bluetooth device list.
  • Update your headphones. - To do this go to btu.bose.com on a computer and follow the instructions on the screen to update your headphones. 
  • Be sure the cushions are securely attached to the earcup. - If the ear cushion is not affixed to the ear cup properly the noise reduction or sound quality may be affected.
  • Perform a product reset. - To do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on.

If once you have done the above you are still experiencing issues please can you answer the following for me so that I can get this issue looked into internally: 

1. What version of MacOS are you running on your MacBook? 
  2. How old is your MacBook? 
  3. Do you have any issues with any other Bluetooth headphones with your MacBook?
  4. Have you tried updating your MacBook? 
  5. What audio source are you listening to? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Silent Starter

Hi @Vicky_W 

I don't have time at the moment to refresh my bluetooth list or perform a product reset ... but I am disappointed that this issue with my new QC 35 II occurs after I have waited years to get these new headphones.  I have had other Bose products before and have been extremely satisfied.  

The Bose QC 35 II firmware was updated via the Bose Connect app prior to this complete test this morning.  Here are my findings with specific product reference details:

Bose QC II 35 Purchased Jun 2019 

Manufacture Date Apr 1 2019

Fireware 4.5.2

Work provided MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)

OS 10.14.5

Direct Bluetooth to Bose

Issue:

• Lots of static and dropout when connected over bluetooth  -- currently unusable in this state
  • Near perfect sound quality when connected over headphone cable

Work provided iPhone 7

OS 12.3.1

Using Bose Connect 8.1.1

• Works as expected over Bose Connect / Bluetooth (near perfect quality)

Personal MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018)

OS 10.14.5

Direct Bluetooth to Bose

Personal iPad 6th Gen

OS 12.3.1

Using Bose Connect 8.1.1

Hello @abouts,

Thank you for contacting the community, I am very sorry that your new QuietComfort 35 II headphones are having connectivity and static issues when paired with your iOS devices. I understand your frustrations regarding this issue but we would love to do what we can in order to assist you with this matter. 

We appreciate you providing us with this information and what other troubleshooting you have attempted today. We do suggest that you perform the troubleshooting which Vicky has provided above in order to test and see if this issue can be resolved through these troubleshooting methods. 

Once you have attempted these, please get back in contact with us and we will happily do what we can to assist you further. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M