Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

Static Noise in new Bose ANC 700 Headphones

Sometimes and its not frequent there is static noise in Bose ANC 700. I notice it mostly when I am on call and if I will turn heads-phones off/on it will go away. Any suggestion.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: Static Noise in new Bose ANC 700 Headphones

Hi Deeptanwar, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you seem to be experiencing some issues with static on your NC700. This is not normal behavior. 

I would recommend making sure that your Firmware is up to date. To check this, click the LINK HERE on a PC or Mac and follow the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

@Jessie_O Thank You for the quick response. I checked and headphones are updated. Please find the screenshots below.

clipboard_image_0.png

Highlighted

Hi Deeptanwar, 

thank you for following up with me! 

In that case, I would recommend resetting the headphones. I have included a LINK HERE to assist you with how to do this. 

If this is unsuccessful, there isn't much else we can recommend troubleshooting wise, so I would encourage you to reach out to your local Technical Support Team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, Select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. 

I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful on this occasion, but I am confident the team will be able to resolve the issue for you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

Well, @Jessie_O I can confirm I am having exactly the same issue and my local Bose support has been absolutely useless. This is now why 2nd set of NC700 and it has all the same issues the first did, but with the addition of static. 

Well at least this one connects to the app but, on balance, I'd far rather they were perfect in every other way, the app really is secondary. 

This is NOT the kind of support I expect for headphones costing £350. @deeptanwar could you tell me something - does the serial number of your headphones begin with 078702 and end with AE…? Both the sets I've had to date have had very similar serials, and I'm beginning to suspect the batch with that series is faulty. 

Yes, the firmware on mine is also up-to-date.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

@User-52e36 Serial Number on my headphone starts with 0796... and ends with AE. After the latest update, I haven't had a static noise issue so far.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

Thanks @deeptanwar I suspect that the AE batch is faulty. I want a set that is NOT AE. I am using the latest firmware and I am still having issues. 

@Jessie_O I now know that there are 3 sets with serial numbers ending in AE which are experiencing issues. How long before you acknowledge that AE sets are faulty…? @Hector_B paging you in here. 

If anyone else has a set with a serial number ending 'AE' which is experiencing issues, please post!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

I got the 700s with a serial number ending in AE a couple days ago and can hear rain like noice that gets substantially lower with higher ANC modes and gets fully disabled if u disable ANC from the app. Also wired mode has a lot of static noise even if the otehr end is not connected to anything

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Picked up a 700 two days ago at an Apple store and now there's heavy static in the left ear. Support has been as helpful as they could (offering me the option to replace it which would take ~3 weeks because I'm in Canada). Very disappointed in this lemon of a headphone. My serial number also starts with 080 and ends with 0AE.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 24, 2020

I have this exact same problem. Static in the left ear; none of the above does any good. How do I go about getting a replacement?