Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Steps to pair NC 700 headphones with Windows 10

Following are the instructions for what I just did to get my Windows 10 machine to be able to communicate with my Bose NC 700  headphones.

1) Fully charged my headphone battery

2) Installed Bose Music App on my android phone

3) Followed the instructions to pair the headset with my phone

4) Tested music playing with Pandora.  All good so far

5) Music App showed there was an update to install.  I assume this installed an update to my actual headset, as it required the headset to reboot after the lengthy (10+ minutes) of installing.

While installing the update, I turned on Bluetooth on my Windows 10 machine:

1) Press the Windows key, type BLUETOOTH and pick "Bluetooth and other device settings".

2) Set Bluetooth to be ON.  Leave this screen up, as you will need it again

Install of the update was complete.  Tested my headphones still worked using Pandora on my phone.  Good!

In the Music App on your phone, on the "My Bose" screen, it shows the headset is "Connected  >". 

1) Click the box where it says "Connected  >" to get to the "Bose NC 700 Headphones" screen. 

2) Click the Bluetooth symbol that says "Source".  The next screen will show your paired devices.

3) Click the "Connect New" button.  Headphones will speak, saying that the headphones are ready to connect to another device.

On the Windows 10 machine, in the same window where you turned on Bluetooth:

1) Click the ADD BLUETOOTH OR OTHER DEVICE button.  During discovery, it will find your headset twice. 

2) Pick the headset that does not have "LE-".

Done!  Tested audio and microphone with several applications.  All are working.

I did notice that after a while of non-use via my Windows 10 machine, the bluetooth connection in the Music App disconnected itself from my Windows 10 machine.  I had to go back into the headset's sources and turn it back on.

Hope this helps!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2020

Frustrated with NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES 700

Is this NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES 700 windows 10 compatible?

Bought in Spain and received my order about 09:00 hours this morning. There are no mention of windows 10 - Why? Is this product compatible with Windows 10? Can I use this product with a lab top – It seems THE BOSE MUSIC APP is compatible with windows 10

The 827452_og_noise-cancelling-headphones-700_en states "DOWNLOAD THE BOSE MUSIC APP" & shows Download on "App store" & "Get it on Google Play" I do not use either of the mentioned services. I will not use the product unless I am clear about use with Windows 10.

It is now 20:50 and getting really frustrated and sick of wild-goose chase on internet try to find how to operate this product.

My laptop blue tooth recognised the NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES 700 but how do I make the NOISE CANCELLING LEVELS 34 | ENG  work?

I think I will return the product   

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

Re: Frustrated with NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES 700

Of course they’re “compatible” with windows 10. Windows should just see them as BT headphones. If you need to change the levels of NC, press the NC button on the headphones themselves. Easy. 
I use mine with an LG tv and there’s no app on the tv to adjust settings, but pressing the NC button let’s me change the levels of NC. 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

@Rassoul,

Don't get frustrated, read the spec, search the forum or just try to connect them to your laptop.
Of course you can use 700s with any Windows, Android or IOS machine.
If you prefer to not use the Bose music app, just press the button on headphones to change NC levels.
By default these are 0 - 5 - 10.
If you want to chose other levels you have to do it in the app.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2020

There are three documents produced and validated by Bose which accompanies BOSE NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES 700 (BNCH700).

Bose recommends “reading” these documents before using BNCH700. These documents produced in PDF and they are:

1. File Number A1VywnVKWZS; Dated: 19/02/19. Entitled: “Quick Start Guide”
  2. File Number 81P8wJ0RegS; Author: “Sivakumae, Jaswant2; Dated: 15/07/20; Entitled: “FAQ Sheet”
  3. File number A1j4uQxtgVS; Dated 13/06/2019. Entitled “User Manual”.

Please note the following:

1. All three documents above instruct the user to use “Apple Store” and “Google Play”
  2. In none of the above three documents there is a mention or recommendations for using Windows 10 with BNCH700.
  3. The user using BNCH700 with Windows 10 is taking the risk of invalidating warranty, as BOSE company by implication recommends not to use Windows 10.
  4. There are no validated Instructions by BOSE that BNCH700 is useable with Windows 10 .
  5. Bose have not developed a Bose Music app for Windows 10 to be used by BNCH700.
  6. Any other instruction given outside the “Quick Start Guide”; “FAQ Sheet”; and “User Manual” are not validated by BOSE.
  7. There are no performance review available for BNCH700, used with Windows 10
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

@Rassoul,

First of all, you don't need to have installed Bose music app on your Windows machine to use/connect headphones.
Moreover, you don't need it at all to use the headphones.

However, if you want to use equalizer, or change the name of your headphones, you can install music app on your Android phone and connect your headphones to any laptop with any OS.

I am not using music app very often, unless I need to other than 0, 5, or 10 NC levels, or update the firmware.