Belgium

Firmware Version

(1.7.0)

App Version

This info is not available on the Technical info page in the app

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Windows 10

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I want to have stereo output and microphone input at the same time.

First I thought my bluetooth 4 on my laptop was the limitation.
I bought a Avantree DG60 bluetooth 5 adapter to solve it issue but it also doesn't work either.

Will the Bose USB Link Bluetooth® module solve this issue? If yes where can I buy it in Belgium I can't find it anywhere.

I tried connecting my headphone with the jack cable, but then it disables bluetooth (come on).

Can you please give me any kind of solution, even plugging in a cable or spending another 70 for a bose bluetooth dongle, to fix this issue.

Where do you run into the issue?

When I want stereo when calling or playing games.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

From the start. It never worked.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Fiddle with a lot of settings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Stereo and microphone at the same time with bluetooth 5

Author Accepted Answer selected by hashie5

Hi hashie,

Thanks for clarifying that for us!

How you are describing this is how the headphones are intended to work. They make use of two Bluetooth pairing profiles, the "hands-free" profile where the mic is active, and the "headset" profile which can not use the mic but get increased audio quality. There isn't any way to use the microphone on the "headset" profile so to use the mic built into your headphones you do need to use the "hands-free" profile.

I hope this helps explain why you're headphones are working as they are!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jessie_O

Hey there, 

Thank you for your post! 

To get a better understanding of how you wish to use the headset, can you tell me in more detail the setup? do you want to listen to music as well as a game where you want to speak with your team?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
hashie5
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2020

Hi Jessie

Thank you very much for the response!

I don't want to listen to music while gaming (although that's not a bad idea).

What I want is to play a game (e.g. Call of Duty Warzone, Overwatch, …) and use my Bose headset.

I need both stereo sound and the microphone. The stereo sound is the sound coming from the game.

At this point, I can choose between two options:
- Stereo sound with no microphone
- Mono sound with microphone

What I want is stereo sound with microphone.

Any bluetooth gaming headset is able to do this, I have a Corsair bluetooth gaming headset myself but it's an old one and the battery is bad. I just want to be able to use my 400 euro Bose headset for gaming.

To test this you can launch any game and try to use your microphone while gaming (in game talk, teamspeak, discord, doesn't matter).

Regards

Ruben Heymans

Keith_L
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by hashie5

Hi hashie,

Thanks for clarifying that for us!

How you are describing this is how the headphones are intended to work. They make use of two Bluetooth pairing profiles, the "hands-free" profile where the mic is active, and the "headset" profile which can not use the mic but get increased audio quality. There isn't any way to use the microphone on the "headset" profile so to use the mic built into your headphones you do need to use the "hands-free" profile.

I hope this helps explain why you're headphones are working as they are!

escape
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 4, 2020

It's a lie to say that any Bluetooth headset can play stereo audio and micro. 

There is nearly none that can do this. There is a hacky aptXLL codec that is used by nearly no manufacturer. 

There are many gaming headsets using a proprietary 2,4 ghz transmission. Good luck using them on your smartphone or with multipoint connection. 

hashie5
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2020

I understand, I was hoping there would be a solution like a third profile called 'gaming' with the increased audio quality and the mic combined.

I have to admit I don't know how gaming headsets fix this issue, but it works wireless with this model:
https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Headsets/VENGEANCE%C2%AE-2000-Dolby-7-1-Wir...

I will buy another headset then, thanks.

escape
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 4, 2020

Gaming headsets do not use bluetooth, that's the secret. But you cannot use a wireless gaming headset on your smartphone and they do not support multipoint connection. 

The Bose 700 are lifestyle/business products.