Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2020

Strange Problem with NC 700 headphones when charging

I use my headphones on a daily basis to listen to music and other things. Recently, a problem has occurred when charging them in the last few days. First, when plugged in the cup with the charging port will start heating up to the point where it almost hurts to touch it. Second, it turns on immediately after having plugged it in with no prompting. Third, although I haven’t really found any information on this problem it also doesn’t charge when charging leaving the battery to be the same but this might be related to the second problem I don’t want to take the risk of damaging my headphones. The last thing worth mentioning is that the metal around the charging port has begun to curl up because of the heat. I just want to get the problem solved so I don’t have to worry about breaking my headphones. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Strange Problem with NC 700 headphones when charging

Hello David-Smith, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! This is definitely not something you should be experiencing and we would recommend that you don't charge or use the headset. 

Please reach out to us via this link here so we can assist you further with this.

If any other users encounter this very strange charging issue, please follow the steps above.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!