NeTro
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Suggestion: NCH700 Customizable shutdown sound/notification

hi,

I've been enjoying my NCH700 a lot. Especially with the whole lockdown happening.

Even bought one as a gift to a good friend of mine, who is now also enjoying them a lot.

I must admit though that the shut-down sound has given me a heart attack SOOOOOOO many times.

Many times I get caught by surprise that I didn't put any other music etc... and it does the classic "VOOOM!!!" sound when turning off.

Isn't there a possibility to let people customize this shocking "VOOOM!!!" sound when turning off?

It doesn't have to be something fancy like being able to upload our own sound to the headphones.

Or maybe put additional sounds to choose from.

It can be as little as making it possible to adjust the volume of that shutdown VOOOM.  xD

Apart from that... I'm veeeeeerrrrrrryyyyyyy happy with these babies.   🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: Suggestion: NCH700 Customizable shutdown sound/notification

Author Accepted Answer selected by NeTro

Hey NeTro, 

Welcome to the forums. thanks for being a loyal Bose customer. 

I am so glad that you love your NC 700's. I would love to submit a feature request for you. We love to hear customers' thoughts and suggestions. 

Let me know if you have any other ideas!😊🎶😀

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Vicky_W

Author Accepted Answer selected by NeTro

Hey NeTro, 

Welcome to the forums. thanks for being a loyal Bose customer. 

I am so glad that you love your NC 700's. I would love to submit a feature request for you. We love to hear customers' thoughts and suggestions. 

Let me know if you have any other ideas!😊🎶😀

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Bob372
Participant
Registered since

Dec 20, 2020

I would also like the ability to turn off the VOOM!!! sound. It is much too loud. I love my headphones, but the VOOM is the one thing I absolutely hate. I like to listen to light classical music before bed, and if I forget to take the headphones off before powering them down, the VOOM!!! scares the bejeezus out of me and completely ruins my state of relaxation. It’s like a futuristic hovercraft flying past you at a thousand miles per hour right before you drift to sleep. Please update the software to disable the VOOM!!!

Vicky_W

@Bob372, welcome! I have added your name to the list of users who would like this feature. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.