Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

THIRD PAIR OF BOSE NC 700 HEADPHONES ARE BROKE

Hi,

Anyone else on their 3rd pair of NC700 with the red & white blinking light?

This is my THIRD PAIR that is broke all within 1 MONTH? What is going on bose with this terrible quality control??? 

I don't understand what or why this is happening. 

Can we get a technical disclosure so we can get a fix???? 

DO NOT BUY this product. All support says is that they will replace it, thats great and all but im worried one year from now this happens.... so we need a technical disclosure of WHY it is happening. That answer is what I need.

Thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

Re: THIRD PAIR OF BOSE NC 700 HEADPHONES ARE BROKE

Author Accepted Answer selected by hettinger.rob@gmail.com

RETURN THEM WHILE YOU CAN.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 28, 2020

It's an issue with the current firmware. Going to keep breaking until Bose release an update. It's only been over a month now.... 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

Of course, well I'm returning the headphones now. Going to team Sony now, never buying another Bose product. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by hettinger.rob@gmail.com

RETURN THEM WHILE YOU CAN.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 8, 2020

I agree. I would RMA the headphones before your 1-year warranty runs out.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

@Lammiwinks @Where is this current firmware myth coming from? As long as I remember this issue has always been there after since the lunch of the product. @rcpost must have complained about it on July last year or something. I am certain the problem has increased on the current firmware but it's more of spreading of problem through firmware. BOSE JUST DIDNT fix the problem for almost a year. 

And if it's three consecutive devices, it cannot be just a problem of QC.  It must be more innate problem of NC 700 just like what was there for sleepbuds. 

Just like @yair.ziv said get the refund while you can. I'd consider it a lesson next time i see a Bose logo. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 28, 2020

@doblej92 from the main thread on the firmware - https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Noise-Cancelling-700-Firmware-Update-1-4-12-M...

Less reports more recently but about midway there's a flurry of peoples headphones going to red/white flashing lights and being bricked. 

Also well known on reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/bose/comments/gs94bh/bose_700_nc_redwhite_led_flashing_solutionnotice/ 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

@Lammiwinks apologies if I didn't make my self clear. I was trying to say the problem has been there ever since the debut of the headphone.  It's just that the recent firmware has spread the problems even more. 

Before or after the answer of Bose had been the same. try resetting, if it doesn't work, get a replacement. I don't get how such a problem that bricks a product cannot be fixed within a month or less. That's literally fatal error of devices. 

YET, it is not just a month. It's at the very least 11 months, that they couldn't fix the problem. While it is possible the led is just indicating internal error of headphone, no moderators are even mentioning it anymore. 

A year without any steps to fix the issue. No sticky no explanation no recall no efforts what so ever to make it right with their customers. This is the service Bose provides. People really must be reminded that every single problems with nc700 has been there almost a year to know what they should expect from here. NA-DA