Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

The audience at the other end hear too much of disturbance and noise with QC35 II ??

Hi,

I am using my new QC35 II. I thought it will be ideal to take calls apart from listening to music. It is good for music however not a perfect headphone for calls, as I keep getting the complaints for noise from my end. Even a light conversation near my end creates disturbance for the listener at other end. I tried maneuvering with noise cancellation  button but it did not help much. If I put it in 'Noise cncellation off' I hear a echo of the noise myself ??

Can something be done for this?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: The audience at the other end hear too much of disturbance and noise with QC35 II ??

Hello rahulmee,

Thanks for posting in the community, I am sorry that you are experiencing issues with your QuietComfort II headphones. I would be more than happy to help you today. I would recommend that you try a product reboot, please follow the steps below:

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds

• Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds

• Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute

• Turn on the headset

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2019

Re: The audience at the other end hear too much of disturbance and noise with QC35 II ??

Apparently there is a firmware issue since 2.0.1, that they have not resolved.  I had a pay and even did an RMA which had the same issue, the issue appears to be the fact the active noise canceling is actually picking up sound and sending it through to the Mic.  I can also hear every sound any time the mic is turned on.  

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello rahulmee, 

The reason there might be background noise is due to us tuning the communication microphones, mainly used for telephone conversations to the human voice frequency range. They automatically adjust the gain (microphone volume) for “low talkers”. In a loud environment where there are voices in the background, it’s possible the microphones will pick up those background voices and bring up the gain. This can send the background voices through to the far end person on a call. The person wearing the headset may hear this too (sidetone).

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get back in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C