Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brenda68
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2021

Turn on headphones

I set up my Quiet Comfort 35 II, I could initially get the TV sound through the headphones, but when I turned the headphones off and then back on, no sound. Am I supposed to press one of the buttons to get them to work?

Bose product name 

Quiet Comfort 35 II

Country USA

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_F

Re: Turn on headphones

Hi Brenda, 

Thank you for taking the time to post - I hope you've enjoyed your QC35 II headphones so far!

When you turn the headphones off and then back on, do you hear 'connecting to "name of tv"'? I recommend checking the LED on the headphones. If it's flashing blue it means that the headphones are not connected to a device. If it's white, then it is connected. Your headphones, when powering on, will announce the connecting it's attempting, whether it's your TV or a recently used Bluetooth device.

What you may want to try is to reset the headphones as shown HERE, and then test the connection with your TV again. Let us know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Turn on headphones

@Brenda68(I do not work for Bose)

I suspect when you turned it off, you TV (you didn't say which one/model) dropped the connection.  Bluetooth is a two way communication and not all things that the QC35 talks to will automatically establish a bluetooth connection since they may not always being 'looking for' a paired device which has suddenly become available.  Smart phones are much better and re-establishing connections than other devices such as TVs and exercise equipment to name just two (my Bowflex max trainer is awful at this).

So look at the other end - your TV.  See if it has any function to automatically re-establish a connection with a paired device.  If you can't get it to work automatically and when you turn on the QC35, it doesn't connect.  Then you will need to manually re-connect the TV to the QC35 from the TV end.  As far as I know, there is no manually reconnection facility you can do from the QC35 end.