Re: Noise Cancelling headphones 700 - Auto-off feature update

Hi All, 

Thank you all for posting and making us aware that many of you are affected by this Auto-Off feature, this is something that has been escalated to our development team by many of our moderators in this thread and we will update you all as soon as we know more. I appreciate the patience from all of you regarding this. 

Once again I am deeply sorry for the delay in getting you all an update. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Saully
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 25, 2019

An hour is no different from 10 minutes for people who may use them to help fall asleep, stay asleep with the help of the NC feature, and hoping to be able to hear the alarms they may have set to awaken them the next morning.

Or, hear an emergent phone call in the middle of the night. Or, a physician who may want to hear a mid-night phone call while "on-call".

In the last case, it could be seen as a product liability issue. 

The only power we apparently have is the power of the product review. 

While it is frustrating to feel you have thrown away $400, at least we can help other people avoid the same mistake.

lulucas11
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 25, 2019

Please share us the releasing date of this update.

kippy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

I bought these headphones only yesterday and already have fallen foul of the "power off" feature. The phones are brilliant bar this one feature. reading the blog I see this has been a problem for some people since the launch. I spent some time deciding between the Sony and Bose, coming down on the side of the Bose. Of course this flaw isn't apparent in a shop and it is not obvious from the ads that it even exists. I would like to be assured that this feature will be changed soon, as I use the phones for just noise abatement sometimes.

Itsonlymee
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

I’m sorry to say but I’ve been on these threads for over 2 weeks and have already returned my headphones. There are more than this thread on this subject on the community website with no answers anywhere. If your smart you will take them back before you can not. If and when they release an update you can always rebuy them. I am waiting on some new headphones to be released in October from their competitors. Skull Candy just released their new Crusher ANC and Sennheiser is getting ready to release their PXC 550-II’s in October. Also Philips is supposed to have a nice mid priced pair around $180 in Oct. PH805. Oh and there is the new Sony WHXB900N that has just been released. But I also found out that Sony is giving away a pair of their WH-1000XM3 with a new tv (I think it was) in October as a promo. Which means their new release date must be soon as that sounds to me like they will be clearing those out of inventory. Maybe in Jan. for CES? Either way u should return these while you can! There is no fix date in site. So their (Bose) either going to release a different pair or it will be months before or if this gets fixed! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 

BrowPelu2
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

I wouldn't return these headphones! Overall, this is the best and better-looking ANC headphones in the market today! I'm confident the Bose is well aware of these issues, so I'm going to be patient as Bose gets things right with a firmware update... Kinda like went a new version of a Mac has bugs to resolve.

Highlighted
Sharkie
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2017

I agree the headphones are great I can make call in places that are loud and noisy ! As long as you keep getting the issues resolved and with the last fixes in the apps you are progressing.

would like to have a feature where when you take them off is pauses the music.

Hello Sharkie,

Thank you for posting!

This is a great suggestion and I will be sure to forward this to the development team for consideration.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

jimo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Any update, Hector? Could they just disable the sensor related auto shutoff until it can be made configurable? Also, if you could add the ability to turn the shutoff sound off (as others have suggested), that'd be great too. 

Hi Jimo,

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community!

Thank you for your feedback! I will make sure to pass this onto our development team for review. 

However, at the moment, we have not had any additional information regarding the Auto-off feature of the NC700 headphones. 

Thank you for your continued patience!

Kindest, 

Jessie O