Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 25, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling headphones 700 - Auto-off feature update

Please fix this annoying function and keep up the good work! 

The NC700 should not be a downgrade to the QC35 series. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

BTW, why would you update the app before releasing the new firmware? 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Could you please convey to the Dev Team that beyond adding a feature to control the motionless auto-off, owners would benefit by having the ability to control the sound that announces the headset is powering down?   I use the NC700 headset to fall asleep [and although I doubt I've been motionless for 10 minutes] the sound announcing headset is powering down wakes me up.  Developers should realize that insomniacs have trouble reaching deep sleep and this sound is counter-intuitive.  PLEASE GIVE US the ability to CONTROL these features.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Please forgive the cross-post.  I'm trying to get some traction.

I called Bose today to inquire about the motionless auto-shutoff feature.  

The representative indicated that there were no plans to resolve my issue as the product is working as intended.  The only remedy would be if enough people expressed concern then it would be addressed.  I don't know what enough is but I took the liberty to draft an email.  Please feel free to copy, paste and email Bose.  Perhaps we can have this address with a little teamwork.  The more the merrier.

To: support at bose.com

Subject: Motionless Auto-shutoff Bose 700

To whom it may concern:

I am one of the numerous Bose 700 headphone users that uses the headphones to sleep, meditate or listen to audio while being motionless for greater than ten minutes.

Hearing a jarring sound when the motionless auto-shut feature activates is not only jarring but it defeats the purpose of the headphones.

Please acknowledge your intent to remedy and timeframe so that I and others can decide to return the headphones while in the 30 day return window.

Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.

Regards,

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

@Bose 

i am the owner of the other thread that originally brought this concern to your attention. Every day, other like-minded individuals that use the Bose 700 headphones for sleeping, long airplane trips, meditation, etc. have posted that they do not want this feature.

We don’t want this feature. We don’t want 10 minutes, we don’t want 60 minutes, and we don’t want 100 minutes. We don’t want this feature- period. It has defeated the purpose of why we bought the $400 dollar headphones and became a Bose loyalist to begin with.

While I appreciate you are making strides in the right direction, it has taken months and begging for an update. I, personally, have missed my rerun window. I will no longer be a Bose loyalist. You missed the mark.

- Fourpairsin

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

@4pairsin, thanks for the reply.  The more people inform bose the better.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Bose clearly has internal communication issues. It wasn’t that long ago Bose made a statement here that they were listening to us and planned to up the time from 10 minutes to an hour even though most of disagreed with that method of fix action. Now we have another Bose representative not even acknowledging this as a problem and recommending the user to return the product because this is the way the product is suppose to work. The idea that the headset is designed to be so sensitive as to recognize even a heart beat is so ridiculous. That’s obviously not true from reading all the complaints here. The fact that I can’t sit on a train and relax with my head resting for more than 10 minutes without an annoying noise to wake me up and shut off is also ridiculous. The auto shutoff is a huge problem and this is not the way it was implemented in past headsets and certainly not an issue in other competing Sony’s and others.  Bose please recognize this as a problem and not a feature. Please better communicate with the Bose staff on this issue on how to deal with complaining customers on this. This problem is already bad enough, and now we have Bose staff members telling us there is nothing wrong with this and to return the product. Not right!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 22, 2019

The information policy is currently poor. 1 month ago, is was stated that this "feature" will be solved by increasing the auto-off time from 10 minutes up to 1 hour, but unfortunately without any time commitment. Since then nothing has happened so far, and I am starting to lose my patience. Therefore, I have 2 simple questions.

1. Are you still working on this issue or was this statement 1 month ago only made to buy some time? (Is it even possible to solve on firmware side or is this "feature" baked into the hardware without having the possibility to change it).

2. If you are still working on the auto-off feature, what is the planned date to implement this change? I can't believe that there is no schedule.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Since Bose is flip flopping on this issue and no time commitment for fix action, it is my recommendation that anyone who can’t live with this issue, definitely return them before the return policy of your vendor expires. Bose will not refund any money for purchase on these. It’s up to the vendor and their policy. Bose has not made it clear that this is a real problem that will be fixed. 10 minutes to one hour Is also not a real fix.  

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

As far as it being extremely sensitive even to a heartbeat sound, unless I am  dead while I am sleeping or sitting very still it is NOT that sensitive. To further add, when sleeping on a plane it will shut off and we all know that a plane is rarely, if ever, completely smooth for 10 minutes. So we have an issue here and apparently the sensitivity is not even what Bose expects the product to have..

I had my faith in Bose addressing this when over a month ago they talked about increasing the time to 1 hour, even though that was not what I was hoping for, and now with the latest Bose response above not even a problem I am disappointed.. Of course for me the 30 day return window has now passed.

Please address this issue Bose!

Note that for the exception is this BIG issue, it is a really nice and high quality product, but this issue wipes that all out.