Kennigit
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 20, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling headphones 700 - Auto-off feature update

I loved my QC35s, but the fact that we've been waiting 4 months with barely a proper peep has convinced me to get off the Bose train. It's really a classic case of over engineering - you have an auto-off timer that is user controlled, and you hide a timer that overrides it? Sleepers, meditators, OBEers, Travellers all go through periods of no movement - infact i planned my 700s purchase with a guided meditation program i started.....You can imagine the effect when 20 mins in the DEE DOO DOO DOO sound hits and takes me from lucid to full rage.

The response from Bose is generally quite baffling and i feel for the community management reps who have to listen to us while having zero control over engineering - just keep hammering the engineers and managers for us please! We appreciate you 🙂

Just delete that timer from the firmware and let us control the auto off! The headphones recharge with a cable very quickly there is no need to be this obsessive. And no, 1 hour is not good enough.

Srandall25
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Does anyone know of a good public forum like a Facebook group to take this conversation to? Clearly this isn’t getting Bose’s attention due to their lack of response here and quite frankly most people here are those who have already purchased these. I would like to help others not make the same mistake or at least ensure potential buyers are aware of this problem before they purchase. 

RedPill
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Amazon reviews could help. Major visibility. 

Hikingboots
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

I've started leaving 1 star reviews everywhere with the explanation as to why. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that we are still working on the auto-off increase to 1 hour and we are hoping to be able to bring this to you very soon. Our team is actively working on it and we will provide you with a time frame as soon as we hear.

I understand that this is frustrating for you and kindly ask you to bear with us until then.

Thank you for your patience.

Anne

TP1234
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Anne,

Since they are making a change, PLEASE ask the team to DISABLE it completely and not the 1hr delay.

RedPill
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Anne, I get the impression Bose hasn’t listened whatsoever  to how problematic the silly one hour timer “solution“ is. 

The same reason  The very ill-conceived 10 minute timer has created hundreds and hundreds of complaints is the same reason the one hour timer will    I could be jostled on an airplane and the timer still would go off in 10 minutes  on my now returned unit     System is not that sensitive so everybody is going to be nailed with a loud noise in one hour while watching TV, while meditating, while resting on a plane, while sleeping   That’s not a solution, that’s just an embarrassment for Bose and may even piss people off more   

Srandall25
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Anne,

Is Bose really sticking with this one hour solution after you’ve heard all these complaints about this?  Did Bose do a sleep study or something and determine that it’s impossible for anyone to stay perfectly still for one hour like some other person mentioned in here? That’s kind of ridiculous. The QC-35 don’t operate this way.  Why is Bose so insistent on preventing us from disabling auto off all together? I just gave a 1 star review on Amazon for this reason and described in detail this issue and your intended ‘fix’ action that oh by the way is long over due but again, it’s not the fix action people are asking for. Bose clearly is not listening. Very unfortunate. So first Bose justifies this feature based on the sensitive of a heart beat which we all know isn’t true, otherwise Bose wouldn’t even be considering changing this to one hour. Bose, yes people can stay still for an hour while sleeping! The last thing someone needs an a loud annoying sound to wake them up after one hour!!!

an987
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

I have to emphasis all of the previous posts. If this function can not be adjustable and disabled by the end user, since it is such a nuisance and prohibits us from using the product as expected, it should be just eliminated completely.

It is annoying that it is taking so long to get to this point and still we, the end users are not real;y being listened to and once again, no real time line to even the 1hr change.

All we are asking is that this function be removed completely if we can not disable it, so we can all use our headphones as we want and need and get back to enjoying a quality product.

Thanks

psod65
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 11, 2017

I’m not sure what the problem is with everyone else’s NC 700, but mine shows many Auto-Off timers ranging from 5 minutes to 3 hours.  There’s also a “Never” option.  

I’ve only had these NC 700 headphones for a few hours, but I’m very happy with them so far...