Re: Noise Cancelling headphones 700 - Auto-off feature update

Is that what we all think it is?!

IMG_6549.PNG

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

Amen! New 1.2.11 firmware has been released. It doesn't shut down the headset after 10 minutes of being motionless.

IMG_6553.PNGIMG_6556.PNGIMG_6557.jpg

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey everyone,

@imvasyl  You are correct! The firmware with the increase in the auto-off timer to 1-hour is now live! There are other improvements included which you can read about here . The update is already available on the Bose Music app, and it will be available on the Bose Updater Site (btu.bose.com) very soon.

We said we would love to hear from you and we would! Please respond to this thread once you’ve downloaded the update and used it for a while and let us know your thoughts on the changes.

All the best,

Anne

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Glad to see a new FW release.

Along with the extended  no motion auto off time, it "appears" that the sensitivity was also improved. I had the headphones sitting  on a cushioned chair in the same room as me  streaming music  from my phone and they stayed on for over 3.5 hours with no movement except for perhaps some minor vibration from me walking,  before I had to leave. Almost seemed like the mode was shut off completely.

I will sleep with them tonight and keep my fingers crossed.

So far so good!!!!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 7, 2019

Re: ***UPDATE October 24, 2019*** Noise Cancelling headphones 700 - Auto-off feature update

1 hour is a lot of time. I would prefer an option to set the that time.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

Thank you!!  This is awesome.

I am about to board a 5 hour flight, and I plan to nap the entire way.  I am certain the headphones won't power down to his time. Coming here, they shut down twice after I fell asleep.  I'm really excited about this update! I truly appreciate Bose listening to its loyal customers, and taking action to fix the issues that matter to us!  Way to go, Bose!!

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

So happy for everyone that has them! (I sent mine back and I'm still looking at a competitor as these didn't go loud enough while listening to tv for me either), but if I don't like theirs, I'll be back. I hope this is fixed!  Thank you Bose! 🙂

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Curious to hear the experience of anyone who tries to sleep with these.

I have one week left to return and consider the new Sennjeisser's coming out.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

The problem wasn’t when listening to music. If you’re listening to music, the auto off set to never actually means never. The problem is when not listening to any music and just trying to sleep. The jury is out still if this one hour is enough to work for everyone. 

s

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

@Srandall25- For me, my headphones auto turned off when there was no motion even if there was music or no music streaming.  Motion auto off overrides the Auto off Never setting so they would still shut down with music.

Last night I slept with them with nothing streaming (just noise cancelling) and they stayed powered on all night, so so far so good!