Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling headphones 700 - Auto-off feature update

The firmware upgrade seems to have improved the motionless auto shut-off.  But it's too early to be certain.   Make sure you have the latest version of the firmware.  Check in the Setting menu.

It's important to understand the return policy.  It's 30 days to get a full refund.  90 days to return to get a credit which has to be used on another Bose product but the credit can not be used like a store credit or gift card.  I believe it has to be used immediately.  Call a store and get an explanation. 

You could always return your current headset to get a full refund.  Then buy a new headset and give yourself a 30 day period to confirm the firmware upgrade works.  It's annoying but you won't get stuck.  Bose should really give consumers a longer period to return the product especially when it's a new product and we're essentially beta testing it for them.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

Can more users confirm if the latest update fixed this issue ? Also what happened to bluetooth disconnection issue ? Are these headphones good now ? Please give some honest feedback. I am on the edge to buy these headphones. QC 35s is not an option as the new firmware really made them unusable.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

The issue with the no motion auto shutdown appears to be fixed. I have slept with them the past 2 nights with just noise cancellation and they stayed on all night. Also last night I took them off during the night and they sat on the edge of my mattress for over 3 hours and were still powered on when I wake this morning.

Nice job Bose! Thanks.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Nice! Furthermore, they add this useful feature with their newest firmware: when voice prompts are turned off, you will still get the single voice announcing battery percent. Love it!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

The recent fix for the motionless auto-off bug has now introduced another bug.  The NC favorites button no longer controls the NC levels.  Ad doing 3 long presses will actually pause and start the music. 

No one wants this motionless auto-off.  Please give us back the old firmware without this motionless auto-off.  We can control our own auto-off with the setting in the Bose Music app.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

NC levels are working perfectly fine on my side. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

Everything is working fine here as well. My ANR  favorites  and audio controls work the same as before.

I have slept each night with these since the FW fix and they do not shut off. Overall,  the  1hr fix is working and wither the sensitivity to movement has been increased or the time is longer than 1 hr since they have yet to shut off even when sitting on my desk.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

@Srandall25- Mine also shut off the same as TP1234 did even when streaming music/audio and if there was no motion.  They now work fine with the new FW

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Thank you for confirming @Anne_S!  In addition, can you confirm whether the sensitivity has increased as part of the firmware update?

As a few others have mentioned above, I left my headphones on my desk for 2 hours to find that they hadn't turned off.  I wasn't even in the room during that time.  

Glad that this appears to have been resolved, but I hope that this is a lesson learned for Bose.  A pretty obvious solution would have been to only allow the auto-off when the ear-cups are turned sideways (like when storing in the case), such that a person is definitely not wearing them.  Maybe next time...

Highlighted

Hi Bplsoccer9, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today! We appreciate the positive feedback regarding this. 

We aren't aware of any changes that were made to the sensitivity of the headphones during the update, however we are very glad to hear that the headphones are working correctly for you. 

If you run into any issues with the Auto-off feature please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.