fhillyer@gmail.com
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling headphones 700 - Auto-off feature update

Bought the NC 700 yesterday, I am a user coming from QC 35 and used to the turn-off button.

I setup the headphones, quickly went to the settings, and I tried to setup the configuration, however, I attempted to setup the auto-off from never to 10 minutes.

I closed the app and stored the headphones, three hours later I take them out, to my surprise they were on the whole time!!!.

Went to the app again and it was set as never, I also got a message [Update started from another device], yes it was annoying that the headphones ANC could not be turned off.

I later read more FAQ and the site, we can turn them off from the NC button on the left cup, however, its not as intuititve as the QC 35 on/off button.

The headphones are well made, there is no doubt on that, there is very little printed literature on the package, seems like the course of action is to spend time on the phone learning how to use.

While I understand others frustration, I may downgrade to a fresh new pair of QC 35 II, as I am having trouble adapting to the touch surface to control other features.

I like the ANC levels, however, overall I think I prefer QC 35.

Thanks

jimo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

I hope Bose can expedite the fix for this, Anne. This is a major problem for me, like many others. 

matt4211
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I've given up on Bose. I gave these to my wife (since she does not sit still for long, LOL). I got the Sony 1000xm3 and am very pleased. The Sony's also support LDAC code (Bose does not), very nice if you have FLAC files. At least for me I can hear the difference. I wish Bose could have come through here but they obviosly did not do any user testing and did not want to support LDAC codec or even APTx HD, so they are out of my collection for good. 

valiciopei
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

HI,

Do you have any updates on this?

Hello Valocoopie. 

Thanks for reaching back out. 

I am sorry but we do not have any updates on this issue, we will post on the Community as soon as we know more. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Henry 55
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

I intend to use the new NV700 head phones primarily for noise cancelling (meditation while sitting with closed eyes without any movement) for longer periods, I.e. more than one hour but this is not possible. Would not it be possible to set a certain time limit, e.g. 3 hours, to shut down the head phones? This would be much better for my intended purpose.

TP1234
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

I came across this thread after thinking I was doing something wrong and nope. It is the product.

I agree with all of the other comments that this needs to be fixed to give us full control. Wish I would of seen this thread before I purchased them. Now it is too long to return them.

So, what is the time frame for even the 1 hr change? I agree that is still not acceptable, but at least it will help slightly. I have yet to see any dates provided!!!!

Bplsoccer9
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Obviously the amount of time for auto-off should be configurable.  One hour is better than 10 minutes, but still not sufficient for sleeping on planes.  

No disrespect to Bose's audio engineers, but their software dev team appears to be pretty incompetent. 

Srandall25
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

So let me understand this correctly.. If I simply want to take a nap with my headphones on the plane or anywhere else.. not listen to music... but just sleep with the noise cancelling on... assuming my head doesn't move, instead of 10 minutes before these headphones shutoff, I now get 1 full hour? Do you not realize why people have been complaining about this? If you've listened, you would realize that changing the auto off feature from 10 minutes to 1 hour doesn't fix the problem people are having. People want the option to have noise cancelling for more than 1 hour without moving their head... it's that simple.

valiciopei
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

Still no updates?  I think you are testing our patience..