Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

USB wireless dongle connection Bose 700 headphones

To be completely wireless I assumed that Bose would have catered for a wireless USB dongle for my laptop rather than a wired connection.

The headphones connects well with my two mobiles simultaneosuly, but I also need to connect to my laptop as I have a ladline that terminates in the client installed on my laptop.

When I connect the wire, it disable blutooth automatically. Since you do not have the wireless USB wireless dongle feature (like many devices nowadays..) is there a way to have the option to keep the wired plus the wireless connections ON at the same time?

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: USB wireless dongle connection Bose 700 headphones

Hi there @franccar and welcome to the Bose Community!

I regret to inform you that there is no way to keep the Bluetooth connection(s) active while the wired connection is enabled. Pressing the Power/Bluetooth button when connected will either enable or disable the noise-cancelling on the headset.

When you are using wireless connections, you can only have 2 Bluetooth connections active, but the headset remembers the 8 most recently paired devices. You can see this list from the Bose Music app when paired to the headset. You can then enable or disable the devices from the app here.

I have passed on the request for you to see if this can be integrated in the future. If you have any other questions or suggestions in the meantime, please let me know!

Liam W - Community Support

Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

I need to keep bluetooth on while having a wired connection. As soon as I plug my wired connection in, the bluetooth turns off. I know that for most applications you would want one or the other. In my case, I am needing the wired for communication and the bluetooth for music/phone calls/etc. 

Is there a way to alter the program to keep bluetooth on while wired?

Hello OneTango,

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. 

When you place the 3.5mm cable to your headphones this will disable all Bluetooth functionality of the Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. There is no way to also enable this. I apologize for any disappointment this causes. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

I am having the same issue! turning bluetooth off or on should be user controlled!!!!!! This is really aggravating. I purchase what are supposed to be high end noise cancelling headsets, and expect to be able to decide for myself how I want to use them.