Highlighted
Will1193
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Unable to connect NC 700 to iPhone 7

I received today my new headphones. The activation process was fine and so was also the firmware update. However, after closing the Bose Music app I am not able to connect the headphones anymore.

The only way to get around the issue is to remove the headphones from the app and pair it again. Is this a problem you are trying to solve? I noticed online many occurrences of this bug and it may be a good reason to return the product despite all the other good features. Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Unable to connect NC 700 to iPhone 7

Hello Will1193,

Welcome to the community, I am very sorry that you are experiencing this issue, we would love to do what we can to get this resolved. 

Have you ensured that your Bose Music App is up to date? I would also recommend rebooting your mobile device.

I would also suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  • Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  • Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue

Please let us know if this provides any improvements. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Ricardo M
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Same problem for me. IPhone 7. Bose software will not connect. No problem with my iPad. All apps are up to date. I have rebooted he phone and removed/reinstalled the app. The headphone reboot process does not work either. The blue light never comes on after waiting for minutes with the button pressed at the last step. Not very well tested, I’m afraid. We need the software fixed if this is something worth keeping for $400. 

Will1193
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Hi,

As I said, I already tried the suggestions from other threads and obviously the software on both the phone and the headphones is up to date.

The problem remains and it is very annoying. Can it be a problem with my pair of NC 700 or is it a flawless on your software?

Hi there Ricardo M and Will1193,

Thanks for getting back to us.

As the suggested troubleshooting has not resolved your issue, I would recommend getting in touch with Support in your region directly.

This can be done by clicking HERE, selecting your current country or region, and then selecting "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

If you have any questions regarding this, please let me know so I can follow up where possible!

Liam W

Will1193
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Hi,

can I have the headphones replaced? This issue appeared to a lot of users and it seems a serious problem. Having to clear the device list and reset the headphones every time you want to use the app is more than annoying. Moreover this is not always working.

I pre-ordered the product on Bose.com, can I return/replace them at the Bose official store?

Hi Will1193, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to us. 

If you wish to pursue a return/replace the headphones then  I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help. 

I am very sorry that you have had this experience and would like to apologize for the inconvenience. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Ricardo M
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Finally resolved by using the procedure from another thread. Removing apps on all devices. Forgetting Bluetooth on all devices. Rebooting all devices. Then starting fresh on the iPhone 7. 

Will1193
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Why this should work? I have the app only on my iPhone installed 2 days ago and this is the first Bose product I use. In theory this reset is equivalent to say “let’s go back to yesterday and repeat from scratch”. I mean, we have no guarantees that this will happen again.
User123rty
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Same issue hear. Everything connected fine but now headphones will not switch between two devices or connect to app.   Tried resetting everything with success but then stopped connecting again.  Just going to return the headphones as I do not have time to fight these kinds of software issues for $400.  Bose really needs to fix this issue fast otherwise Sony will continue to eat your lunch.