Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Re: Unable to pair Bose NC Headphones 700 to Windows 10

Update - After some investigation, I came to realize that my laptop might need a bluetooth adapter. My laptop wasn't discovering my Sony headphones either.
Will update once I try that solution as well.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

Hi HGD,

Yes, you would need a bluetooth adapter if the laptop does not have built-in bluetooth! It should be fairly easy when you have it. ATB!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2019

Worked for me:

Open Bose app and select to add device, then open windows bluetooth to add headphones, then press bose headset bluetooth to add device. all worked fine. I tried the other ways without the Bose app and it didn't work. Wonder what thought process led to use Bose app : )

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

I can connect to Windows 10 but the connection is patchy not as smooth as when connected to the iPhone?  I tried to refresh, reboot, etc, but still the connection is disappointing.  In addition, I cannot use the microphone to have a conversation using Skype/VOIP.  What is this?  Please help asap.  Why is it working smoothly and stable using ios and iPhone but not using Windows 10?  Please help to find a breakthrough alternative.  Thanks...

Highlighted

Hi Hendra,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the Bluetooth connection to your computer.

We do have a post with lots of helpful tips and tricks when using Bluetooth with your computer that you can find here. If you have already tried the troubleshooting in this thread then I would definitely recommend you check out that post as I'm sure it will be helpful.

Let us know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

For me always eventually I am able to pair my bose 700, but it always takes a lot of time, sometimes 5 minutes sometimes 30 minutes and always includes voodoo and doing random things with random failures to disconnect or remove the device before retrying and always for at least 5 minutes it does not appear in the scan and always if accidentally if it does appear in the scan (from window 10) the first attempt to connect does not work. sometimes the bluetooth name has some random prefix "LE-" and sometimes it doesn't. it is *never* (!) straight forward, never. I really am speechless. is this what 400$ gets you nowadays? so much work and time wasted (always) just to have it initially paired and connected.

I've never in my entire life had such an experience with a bluetooth audio device.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

Hi Miki,

Please use the 'Bose Music' app to connect to/control the devices you want to connect to the headphones. If you do, you will not run into these issues which I was facing in the past. Unfortunately for this app to work, the GPS needs to be turned on which I dont understand why but this is only when starting the app. All the best with having your connectivity issues fixed.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 28, 2020

I had a similar experience: I was able to pair the Bose 700 to my laptop - and it appeared as paired on my Windows OS - but my laptop did not appear as a listed device in the Bose app on my smartphone. Also no sound from my windows machine. Restarts and repeats of uninstall/install did not help. In my case the reason was, that I needed to have administrator privileges on my account to install new Bluetooth devices. And if I didn't have that, it would just appear as successful, but not really work anyway. I was able to elevate my privileges during the Bluetooth connection scenario, and then it worked.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

I am also having this trouble.  I feel Bose needs to do something about this as this is obviously not user error.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

I have the same problem as Hendra. and agree with that they said Bose should do something about this as it is clearly not user error. I have tried all the steps mentioned above and over and out. Its annoying to buy something for 500$ and come across basic functionality issues.

just to recap through my bose app and source it is connected to my phone also my computer. the sound is patchy and useless the microphone is the same. with the cord the audio actually works but the microphone is garbage. thinking about a refund.