Yes, I agree Bose needs to look at this issue as I face a similar issue sometimes when both the PC and phone are connected.
The way I have found a workaround is by disconnecting the computer or the phone (based on the device being used at that moment) as a source in the Bose app when the crackling starts. You can enable the second source back again at a later time.
Mar 25, 2020
I tried to reboot my headset because I couldn't connect it to my PC. I did all the step but now I can't power on my headset.
Can you help me?
Also unable to connect my BOSE NC Headphones 700 to my windows 10 PC.
- I have followed all the tips and advice given in this thread more than once.
- Among other things, I have completely cleared all bluetooth devices from the headphones
- The 'Bose NC 700 HP' headphones not only show up in my list of 'Bluetooth & other devices' on my PC, but as being 'paired', but...
- Whenever I click the 'Connect' btn the message I receive is 'That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, then try again.'
- It doesn't matter what I do, incl. rebooting both the headphones and the PC, starting over and going through these steps multiple times, I get the same result.
1) I have never had a problem connecting the Headphones to any of my other devices, incl. my Windows 10 laptop
2) I have never had a problem connecting any other Bluetooth device to my PC
Considering that these are 'Premium' headphones at a premium price, and it appears this is a persistent problem for many users, I would expect that Bose would make it a high priority to find out what the issue here is and issue a solution. One proven and tested, instead of these 'tips' that are ineffective.
I had similar issues and had to install the Bose Music app in order to fix this issue and control the settings of the headphone. After this, I could connect it to the Win 10 laptop and also my phones. Hope this helps.
As stated in my post, i tried all the tips, I had already tried using the app installed on my phone to assist connecting to my PC and that hasn't worked.
Can you try this as I was able to fix it this way..
1. Install Bose Music app on the phone. Connect the Bose headphones through blue tooth on the phone.
2. In the source tab in the app, click on connect new. Open bluetooth on the windows 10 machine, and search for bluetooth devices. The headphones are detected on the windows machine and can be paired and connected.
Apr 6, 2020
Hi, that worked!
But the response i wrote (and deleated) was for another method that killed my headphones for 1-3 min, but I managed to get them to work again after pressing the "on" button while plugging in the charger. When the headphones were dead they wouldent start by pressing/ holding the "on" button, and didnt respond to any other buttons either, they dident want to be charged either. How this happend was by the same method as I used to fix it, so might be a built in function for some reason..
Feb 13, 2020
Same here. I have tried all of these suggestions and still unable to connect these headphones to my computer and phone at the same time. Very expensive lesson to check these types of blogs before investing in a product like this.
Apr 25, 2020
Amazing! I read 10 times the BOSE moderator comments and I couldn't understand a word of what he was trying to say. With you comment, I was able to solve the issue in less than 2 min. Thank you a lot for being better than the company's moderator!