Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2020

Re: Unable to pair Bose NC Headphones 700 to

@schulzalbrecht 

Could you specifically point out the instructions that worked for you?

As I've stated, I have tried every tip on this forum, multiple times without success. Although, my windows 10 PC says they are paired, they do not show up as being paired on the 'BOSE App' on my iPhone. When I click the 'connect' button on my windows machine, I get an error stating 'That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, and try again'

I would love to have these working with my main PC. They connect fine to every other device I have (including my Windows 10 PC laptop) and I have no problem connecting other bluetooth devices to my main PC, so it still remains a mystery.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

Hi there,

Can you check how many devices you have on the Bose app? You cannot connect more than 2 devices.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2020

Re: Unable to pair Bose NC QuietControl 30 to MacBook

Question: Can QuietControl 30 pair with MacBook Air?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Re: Unable to pair Bose NC Headphones 700 to Windows 10

My bose 700 headphones are pairing with the Bluetooth on my windows 10 laptop. However, my PC is not giving me an option to play audio through the headphones instead of the default speaker. How can I download the drivers to connect?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Exactly the same issue.

I have totally no idea how to fix it. Start thinking about returning it.

It feels like a lie, since this headphone can't be connected to pc

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Hi, I hope your issue was fixed. Or if you are still confused by this issue, I can tell u how exactly I fixed it a few minutes ago.

In fact, I just received this headphone this afternoon, and I spent hours to connect it with my desktop.

But it always show "Paired", and once I click "Connect", it shows "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, and try again"

Then here is the way how I fixed it.

Key point!!! DO NOT USE [ BOSE Music ]!!!

If your headphone is connected with the APP, go to [setting] - [bluetooth] and remove your headphone. 

Once your cellphone could no longer connect the headphone, use ur pc to connect the headphone just like connecting ur controller.

And the result is BOOM, everything works fine.

Hope this could save u guys some time, and enjoy your headphone 🙂

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

Perfectly worked - indeed, Bose Music app on the phone is the place to manage headphones connection to other devices, a Windows 10 PC for sure. 

After connecting all the features work - I was also able to use Bose 700 to talk on Teams (PC).

Thanks again 🙂

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2020

windows 8 does not recognize on Sounds settings screen my bose 700

Hi,

I am trying to pair Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 to windows 8.1 Dell laptop. I am able to pair them,  they appear on Devices and Printers screen as Bluetooth Peripheral Device as categories Headphone, but when getting to sound settings screen, they do not appear on the list, not even showing disable or disconnected devices. 

Could you please help me getting them work? This was really the purpose of acquiring them, to be able to work with this headphones. 

Please let me know if any further information is needed.

Thanks in advance,

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2020

Had same problem.  Just got headphones yesterday.

Solution:

1. Load both (1) Bose Connect and (2) Bose Music

2. Connect your phone to the 700 headphones.  Shouldn't be a problem.  I did it through the app.  You will need to press the Bluetooth button on the 700 headphones.

3. Once connected, there's a little update message.  I think it automatically kicks in.  It takes a very long time to load the update.  About 30 mins.  Nothing to do with internet connection.  I think this is a hardware update, not a software update.  Then install. 

4. Disconnect Bluetooth on phone; 700 headphones also disconnect.

5. On PC add Bluetooth and select Bose NC 700 Headphones (Not the other option for the headphones (I think it was LC or LT Bose NC ...Not that one).

6. Check that it works with your PC. It will if beneath Bose NC 700 Headphones it says "Connected voice, music".

7. Turn back on your phone's Bluetooth.  When you connect back to your phone, you'll get some strange message to upload another app.  Ignore it.

7.  You should be able to now listen to music, video, etc. on your PC through the 700 headphones and when you make a call or receive a call, the headphones switch over to the phone automatically, then back when the call has finished.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2020

Re: windows 8 does not recognize on Sounds settings screen my bose 700

I would expect some reply on a product from Bose, to be sincere. I will return it, and I wouldn’t recommend to anyone using windows 8. Moreover,  now I am not able to pair with my phone either, I only get the “ups, there was a problem” error message. Very disappointed 😔