Oct 25, 2020
Hi there... was having trouble connecting my Bose NC 700 HP to Windows 10 laptop so followed advice on this blog for a wired connection (USB) from computer to the Bose HP while holding down power button on the headphones. Now I can't power them up at all and are non-responsive. Any clues?
Oct 26, 2020
I tried Zoe C's recommendation, plugging in the charging cable while holding down the pairing button. Now the headset doesn't do anything, appears dead. It was fully charged and pairing with my phone beforehand.
Dec 1, 2020
Bose product name: Bose NC 700
Country: United States
Firmware Version: 1.8.2
(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)
App Version: 4.2.4
(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)
What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they: Windows 10
(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: Whenever I try to pair my Bose NC 700 I am told that it has been paired by windows but my headphones don't say its been connected and I get "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, and then try again" error message even though I have connected and removed the device multiple times. If anyone has any trouble shooting steps I would really appreciate it as I use them for online school and without them I cant hear whats going on in class. I have also tried other headphones and cant seem to get them to connect despite it saying that it has connected. I am not sure if its a problem with windows or what but I'm getting stumped so if anyone can I help me that would be very appreciated.
What environment do you experience the issue in?: In my room earlier the morning on 12/1/2020
(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)
When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?: Earlier this morning after having to reinstall windows due to it corrupting
Any troubleshooting steps you took
1. Connecting and removing device multiple times
2. Trying to use the app to connect to my computer
3. Uninstalling and reinstalling my Bluetooth drivers
Again if anyone has any other trouble shooting steps I would greatly appreciate it as stated before, I use them for online class and cant get any other headphones to connect successfully
Dec 2, 2020
I know this is reply to an old post, but I have tried those procedures listed and I still can not get my Bose700 noise cancellation and microphone to connect to Windows 10. It had previously, but out of the blue it just stop connecting. I am ascertain that it could be a windows 10 patch, but don't know for sure. If you have some alternatives since the original post, it would be appreciated.
Jan 13, 2021
I'm trying to connect my Bose NC 700 HP to my Windows 10 computer but it does not work the only Bluetooth option that pops up is LE-Bose NC 700 HP. I successfully connected my Bose NC 700 HP headphones to my iPhone 7 and my iPad Air 2.
I followed the steps on the video that shows how to connect your Bluetooth devices to your Windows computer but the option Bose NC 700 HP does not appear. I only have LE-Bose NC 700 HP as an option. I also tried to follow another guide which went like this:
1. Install the Bose Music app on the phone. Connect the Bose headphones through blue tooth.
2. In the source tab, click on connect new. Open Bluetooth on the windows 10 machine, and search for Bluetooth devices. The headphones are detected on the windows machine and can be paired and connected.
Though this did not work either
Feb 18, 2021
I'm experiencing the exact same problem. Did you find a solution to this?
Using the Bose app, through "Add new" I can find the headphones icon of LE-Bose. When I click on it to connect it with Windows 10 I get a confirmation onscreen and at the same time the headphones say "ready to connect" instead of "connected to..."
Then the headphones appear in the category of other devices as "Paired" but cannot use them as audio. I've tried following that with trying to pair again but nothing else pops up in Windows.
It does connect to my phone and also other computers but it doesn't seem to connect properly with my current laptop.
I've also tried:
Any help would be highly appreciated!
May 15, 2021
I have tried EVERY suggestion I have found, including using the app, but it will not connect. I have connected to another Windows 10 computer so I am unsure what the issue is. But I am extremely frustrated and wondering why I was willing to pay so much money...
Jun 15, 2018
@sandyturner70(I do not work for Bose)
Your comment is imho indicitive what the issue is. If one win10 machine works and another does not, you have a 'conflict' on the not-working windows machine that is interfering with your BT connection to the Bose. It is also possible to say, that other BT devices could work while the Bose does not. If you want to spend time 'troubleshooting' here is a summary of what you should do in the order of severity and time to troubleshoot. You read my more detailed comments about this elsewhere in this community. Proceed to each step if the current one does not help.
1. Go to the BT vendor site, not your PC site and get the latest BT drivers. Un-pair everything (Bose and non-Bose) first and then clear out / factory reset the 700. First uninstall the drivers and then install the new ones. For example, the BT drivers for my BT hardware on my Dell are made by Intel.
2. Uninstall the drivers and install up to three or four older driver sets from the vendor site.
3. Uninstall Windows updates one at a time for about a year or so looking for the point as you do one at a time to see if it clears the problem. You can always re-install them.
4. Use MSCONFIG and other similar solutions to disable for all non-Microsoft startup programs and services. If that helps turn them back on one at a time until you find the conflict. Otherwise, do the same for Windows startup and services. You may even want to experiment with starting in safe mode.
5. Image your hard disk so you can restore it back exactly later. Then reinstall windows from scratch. If it works, first reinstall windows updates. then all your anti-virus utilities. then any applications that connect to hardware such as audio applications. etc. you then should re-install your applications one at a time until your Bose no longer installs. If you have restored everything and it still works, just be grateful 🙂 - probably something got messed up. If you can't get your 700 working on barebones windows, then you have gone as far as you can with your BT hardware.
6. Totally disable your BT hardware and purchase a BT 4 (not 5) compliant USB dongle - make sure it uses CSR Drivers.
Jun 28, 2021
😕Bose 700 headphones don't work with Windows 10
I can't even remove them from the bluetooth list in settings and it says that they are still paired even though they are turned off.
Now what ????